Cleveland vs McCallie Dual: Who wins at their best?

ohreally15

2 hours ago, CarlSpackler88 said:

Ha! That’s what you thought about Ryan and McCallie. 

Josh I never said that. I said it would be extremely close I still think Ryan would win by 5 if they wrestled again. Mccallie got some very fortunate pins in matches they were losing including 144. With Hart and Askew Baylor beats Mccallie by 10-12 as well. Move on 

Edited by FR615
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, FR615 said:

Josh I never said that. I still think Ryan would win by 5 if they wrestled again. Mccallie got some very fortunate pins in matches they were losing including 144. With Hart and Askew beats Mccallie by 10-12 as well. Move on 

It’s a thread about hypothetical matchups against Cleveland. It’s a pretty big stretch to think we couldn’t keep that match closer than 10-12 point. Either way, my whole point with this argument is to try and get the best teams to wrestle, every year. 

And I totally agree about Baylor with Hart and Askew. We all lose in that scenario. In fact and to your point, I don’t know if we win again against Ryan. Those three could split many times over if it was wrested again

106 - Cordero Dec. Lane (based on who’s number one result)

113 - Walker Dec. Ritchie (beat Ritchie in the dual).

120 - Maughon Maj. Connell (not sure why you think this match would flip, Colt won in dominate fashion just a couple months ago).

126 - Bosken by Maj. Williams

132 - Rice Dec. Pierce

138 - Villers Maj. Congdon

144 - Ledbetter Dec. York

150 - Schuft Dec. Morgan

157 - CY Fowler Fall Zharobsky

165 - Logan Fowler Fall Voiles

175 - Harold Dec. Cross

190 - Syzmborski Maj. McMahon

215 - Gentle Fall Moore

285 - Russell Dec. Gentle

Cleveland 40    McCallie 13

If Lane, Ritchie, Gentle, and Morgan all win instead, I have it:

Cleveland 28   McCallie 25

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, FrecoFanatic said:

106 - Cordero Dec. Lane (based on who’s number one result)

113 - Walker Dec. Ritchie (beat Ritchie in the dual).

120 - Maughon Maj. Connell (not sure why you think this match would flip, Colt won in dominate fashion just a couple months ago).

126 - Bosken by Maj. Williams

132 - Rice Dec. Pierce

138 - Villers Maj. Congdon

144 - Ledbetter Dec. York

150 - Schuft Dec. Morgan

157 - CY Fowler Fall Zharobsky

165 - Logan Fowler Fall Voiles

175 - Harold Dec. Cross

190 - Syzmborski Maj. McMahon

215 - Gentle Fall Moore

285 - Russell Dec. Gentle

Cleveland 40    McCallie 13

If Lane, Ritchie, Gentle, and Morgan all win instead, I have it:

Cleveland 28   McCallie 25

Yeah after going through it I have 32-28 @carlspackler88 so it would be close. 

Edited by FR615
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, CarlSpackler88 said:

IF that were the scenario, I'd imagine McCallie would want to show Voiles at 157 to force Cleveland to show at 165. Might not matter much though.

Score could be 18-18 heading into 106 match under those circumstances.

We would not need to show at 165. If we start at 157, Cy would be on Voiles and Logan would go at 165. Our 175 is a very solid wrestler. Lost in the blood round last year wrestling up basically two weights because of CY and Logan. Full confidence in Dylan Harold.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, CarlSpackler88 said:

McCallie wins 57, 215 and Heavy

Cleveland wins 65, 75 and 90

Then it gets interesting. I'd like to think that Lane would best Jose if they wrestled again but lets suppose it didn't work out that way. Cleveland then gets 106, 113 and 126 BUT they don't pin at any of those but lets give Bosken a major. At 120, I would bet Brody bests Colt this time. Brody was in a panic trying to get to an event back at McCallie that night when they wrestled the first time and I just don't think it'd happen again. 

So 32 is where we have options. We could wrestle straight up or we could put Jed out there at 32 like we did with Ryan and Baylor and bump everyone up. 

Kaiden Rice placed 3rd in the State. If you bump, I have him over Jed. If you send Dylan, who would be the 138? Would definitely make a difference in the dual.

6 hours ago, CarlSpackler88 said:

McCallie wins 57, 215 and Heavy

Cleveland wins 65, 75 and 90

Then it gets interesting. I'd like to think that Lane would best Jose if they wrestled again but lets suppose it didn't work out that way. Cleveland then gets 106, 113 and 126 BUT they don't pin at any of those but lets give Bosken a major. At 120, I would bet Brody bests Colt this time. Brody was in a panic trying to get to an event back at McCallie that night when they wrestled the first time and I just don't think it'd happen again. 

So 32 is where we have options. We could wrestle straight up or we could put Jed out there at 32 like we did with Ryan and Baylor and bump everyone up. 

I don’t think Voiles beats Cy Fowler at 157. Voiles is a tough young Wrestler for sure, but Fowler wins that one by fall.

5 minutes ago, FrecoFanatic said:

We would not need to show at 165. If we start at 157, Cy would be on Voiles and Logan would go at 165. Our 175 is a very solid wrestler. Lost in the blood round last year wrestling up basically two weights because of CY and Logan. Full confidence in Dylan Harold.

Don't know the kid so hard to argue without doing some homework. Just know James got 3rd in the state last year and has been great for us this year. And I love Tyson Russell, he was with Coop at Boyd for a season, but I'm not sure you know anything about Carson Gentle if you're taking Tyson in that one. Carson barely lost to John Levy and took him to the wire, a freaking fargo champ. Carson is an absolute freak and Tyson hasn't felt a hwt with that kinda strength. I hope Tyson wins a state title for you guys but that one ain't happening for him imo

Just hopeful we don't have to guess and can actually make it happen. You guys were willing to go toe-to-toe with Ryan so not sure the harm in wrestling us either (in January). I just want to see the match and give our kids something exciting to remember, win or lose. While I'm sure its fun dominating most teams, I'd imagine those aren't the dual meets they talk about 10-20 years from now.