Cleveland vs McCallie Dual: Who wins at their best?

ohreally15

A recent article was published stating that the final team rankings were published with Cleveland being number 1 and McCallie being number 2. The article link is below: https://www.chattanoogan.com/2024/2/4/482199/Cleveland-First-McCallie-Second-In.aspx?fbclid=IwAR25_L17iBtdO_sB9IGWsqLlMB2QaPbMEGEjpid8TEUc5C2mKa0khjSvjpk

Do we agree with this? If these two schools faced off right now what do we think would be the result? Lets get some people to break down the match by match analysis and get some healthy debate going. Now, these two schools wrestled earlier this year but McCallie did not have 4 of its starters due to it still being within the football season and they were advancing to the state championship against Baylor. I also do not remember if they had any of their 8th graders wrestling yet. So they were sort of a shell of a team at the time. I believe Cleveland also had a couple wrestlers not present. BUT if they wrestled now, both at their best, who would win? How close would it be? Would it even be close? Lets see some match by match analysis!

10 minutes ago, CarlSpackler88 said:

What weight would we start at and who wins the toss? I'd imagine that would play a role seeing how McCallie would probably make some moves like we did against Baylor and Ryan.

This is why its fun to discuss though. Not clear cut and I'd imagine 106 would be a big one to decide it

I just did a random generator that says we would start at 157. Another random generator says McCallie wins the coin toss.

Choose a random weight class from the 14 we have been using
ChatGPT
ChatGPT

Error analyzing

The randomly chosen weight class from the ones we've been discussing is 157 lbs.

User
You
who wins the coin toss cleveland or mccallie?
ChatGPT
ChatGPT

McCallie wins the coin toss.

11 minutes ago, ohreally15 said:

I just did a random generator that says we would start at 157. Another random generator says McCallie wins the coin toss.

Choose a random weight class from the 14 we have been using

ChatGPT
ChatGPT

Error analyzing

The randomly chosen weight class from the ones we've been discussing is 157 lbs.

User
You
who wins the coin toss cleveland or mccallie?

ChatGPT
ChatGPT

McCallie wins the coin toss.

Do they then choose odd matches or even matches?

1 hour ago, CarlSpackler88 said:

IF that were the scenario, I'd imagine McCallie would want to show Voiles at 157 to force Cleveland to show at 165. Might not matter much though.

Score could be 18-18 heading into 106 match under those circumstances.

What are your hypothetical matchups and hypothesized outcomes for each weight?

Cleveland Raiders and McCallie Tornado would be a real good match. McCallie Tornado would be able to mercy rule Cleveland Raiders in football, basketball, or baseball but they would not be able to do it in wrestling. Cleveland Raiders are just too good to let it happen. I guarantee it. Does anyone want to bet me? Cleveland Raiders have won more wrestling titles than McCallie Tornado. McCallie Tornado is a good team though and would be a hard win for Cleveland Raiders. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

McCallie wins 57, 215 and Heavy

Cleveland wins 65, 75 and 90

Then it gets interesting. I'd like to think that Lane would best Jose if they wrestled again but lets suppose it didn't work out that way. Cleveland then gets 106, 113 and 126 BUT they don't pin at any of those but lets give Bosken a major. At 120, I would bet Brody bests Colt this time. Brody was in a panic trying to get to an event back at McCallie that night when they wrestled the first time and I just don't think it'd happen again. 

So 32 is where we have options. We could wrestle straight up or we could put Jed out there at 32 like we did with Ryan and Baylor and bump everyone up. 

32 minutes ago, CarlSpackler88 said:

McCallie wins 57, 215 and Heavy

Cleveland wins 65, 75 and 90

Then it gets interesting. I'd like to think that Lane would best Jose if they wrestled again but lets suppose it didn't work out that way. Cleveland then gets 106, 113 and 126 BUT they don't pin at any of those but lets give Bosken a major. At 120, I would bet Brody bests Colt this time. Brody was in a panic trying to get to an event back at McCallie that night when they wrestled the first time and I just don't think it'd happen again. 

So 32 is where we have options. We could wrestle straight up or we could put Jed out there at 32 like we did with Ryan and Baylor and bump everyone up. 

The thing is 106, 113, and 120 could go either way. That would be what decides the match. Either way it would be extremely close. I would love for them to move their dual match up to later in the season next year so that it could be a more true matchup. I say the highly coveted "streak" ends.

47 minutes ago, CaptainGuru said:

Cleveland Raiders and McCallie Tornado would be a real good match. McCallie Tornado would be able to mercy rule Cleveland Raiders in football, basketball, or baseball but they would not be able to do it in wrestling. Cleveland Raiders are just too good to let it happen. I guarantee it. Does anyone want to bet me? Cleveland Raiders have won more wrestling titles than McCallie Tornado. McCallie Tornado is a good team though and would be a hard win for Cleveland Raiders. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

I agree. It would be a very good match. Id like to see them wrestle their dual later in the season next year. 

4 minutes ago, ohreally15 said:

I agree. It would be a very good match. Id like to see them wrestle their dual later in the season next year. 

I guarantee it! We need to get someone to bet us about it. McCallie Tornado and Cleveland Raiders know how to win in wrestling matches. Cleveland Raiders just won the state championship for the 13th time. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

If I had to bet money on it, I actually think McCallie might pull it off this year if they were to wrestle now. Next year, I'd say Cleveland has the edge with their hold back 8th graders, High, Sanders and little Cordero added into the lineup. Losing big Gentle would hurt us against Tyson for sure next year.

Who knows and who cares. Just want to see the match happen every year. This is what it should be about - We chase the losses