Head Coaching possible openings in Middle TN

fastpitch4

On 2/21/2024 at 10:50 AM, BigOrangeBaller said:

With the district tournaments over now, are there any schools that are going to be looking for a new coach for next year? I know that Franklin Co. was playing for an interim... any others that maybe coming open?

If I’m not mistaken doesn’t Franklin County get a new boys or girls basketball coach every few years?

1 hour ago, CoachAnderson said:

Brentwood girls open.

Coach Marcel Williams was 72-23 inc 1 Region title last year. (Brentwood was 102-49 previous 5 years while he was an assistant). 
I thought highly of Coach Williams and wish him the best.

He is a great coach, is he going somewhere else?  Hate to see him off the sidelines, I always thought highly of him and his teams.

1 hour ago, Basketball44Guru said:

He is a great coach, is he going somewhere else?  Hate to see him off the sidelines, I always thought highly of him and his teams.

Agree, I thought Coach Williams did a fantastic job. Unrealistic parent expectations can make some jobs impossible. Hopefully it won’t deter some great candidates from applying. 

from Williamson Herald article:

“It was an emotional time for sure,” he said. “I have to deal with the family aspect of things. I feel like I had a really difficult year and that got to me mentally. It was my most taxing season.

“It’s best right now to just step back and reassess with my family.”

Williams, who has a young son in kindergarten, said the next coach will take over a “battle-tested” team.