Elizabethton Football

1 hour ago, Swipes said:

That happens more than you know. If it’s a 7 on 7 team then anyone can play for them. (Sorta like AAU basketball) and not considered practice in the TSSAA eyes or a Schools sports team. Greeneville had 5 starters on last year team that had played for Witten Huddle over the years.  I see the same thing in Knoxville on their 7 on 7 teams.  It would be on the coach of the other sport to tell the player he can’t participate in 7 vs 7 sorta like how my old baseball coach told us wouldn’t couldn’t go swimming on a game day.  

That's how kids get recruited these days is 7v7. Some dad or handler runs a team and then gets kids to change schools. Once the one time transfer rule gets passed then all heck will break loose

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

That's how kids get recruited these days is 7v7. Some dad or handler runs a team and then gets kids to change schools. Once the one time transfer rule gets passed then all heck will break loose

Agree. Sheriff a question. When do you think there will be a reorganization of policy by the TSSAA in regards to the HS equivalent of NIL, transfers and offseason participation, if any?

Edited by noonesfool

5 minutes ago, noonesfool said:

Agree. Sheriff a question. When do you think there will be a reorganization of policy by the TSSAA in regards to the HS equivalent of NIL, transfers and offseason participation, if any?

I think there will be one but it will take some years(3-5 at least) because once they will vote on the transfer rule it will open a whole new can of worms. Right now NIL is legal without using any image or likeness of a school/school system. That will be the change that will happen first imo. Schools will eventually be able to tie their name into it with an athlete.

1 hour ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

I agree with you there

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

I think there will be one but it will take some years(3-5 at least) because once they will vote on the transfer rule it will open a whole new can of worms. Right now NIL is legal without using any image or likeness of a school/school system. That will be the change that will happen first imo. Schools will eventually be able to tie their name into it with an athlete.

Thanks

12 hours ago, sandshark1994 said:

This is no knock to the kid honestly. How does a kid remain to play basketball at another school but He's allowed to participate 7 on 7 at another school? This is no dig but I'm curious . I'm sure Elizabethton has a loop hole with labeling anything they do out of season Witten huddle but how does someone that is on staff volunteer or faculty staff run a 7 on 7 with a kid that's in season in another sport  

They only thing that I would be concerned is what if a this kid gets an injury at Elizabethton, Would not his current school department Insurance entity question the premise location and who is responsible for paying this claim. Because typically this is an issue. And playing 7 on 7 at Elizabethton then Betsy would need to take out Liability Insurance to cover there butt. Just wondering but that is the only question I have. 

1 hour ago, Mavericksinflight said:

They only thing that I would be concerned is what if a this kid gets an injury at Elizabethton, Would not his current school department Insurance entity question the premise location and who is responsible for paying this claim. Because typically this is an issue. And playing 7 on 7 at Elizabethton then Betsy would need to take out Liability Insurance to cover there butt. Just wondering but that is the only question I have. 

If he gets injured doing 7v7 that is on him and his family. It's not school sanctioned.

4 hours ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

If he gets injured doing 7v7 that is on him and his family. It's not school sanctioned.

Well you probably know where that could go; family might think the school is responsible and open a can of worms. But I am happy for him and Betsy. He sounds like a really good player. The Mavs will need to brush up on defending such highly prospected recruit if we meet up this year. 

So you're saying it's legal to play for one school in one sport regardless if they are in post season while being on campus @ an opposing school facility working out for another sport? The only way I could see this being legal was if no staff for the opposing school was involved? 

The kid is an excellent human being and a great teammate so don't feel like anyone is being attacked. I've just never heard of this type of  scenario before.

Edited by sandshark1994

6 hours ago, sandshark1994 said:

So you're saying it's legal to play for one school in one sport regardless if they are in post season while being on campus @ an opposing school facility working out for another sport? The only way I could see this being legal was if no staff for the opposing school was involved? 

The kid is an excellent human being and a great teammate so don't feel like anyone is being attacked. I've just never heard of this type of  scenario before.

You’re going to have to give more details than just “working out” because someone might think working out is playing 7 on 7.  If he is in fact lifting weights or practicing (what is considered a practice in the eyes of the TSSAA) with the opposing school and the Varsity coaches are there then yes that is illegal.  If it’s 7 on 7, working on speed training, no pads, not lifting weights then yes that’s legal.