Elizabethton Football

18 minutes ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

Coaches on staff should not be coaching 7v7 of their players as far as I know that is illegal.

You are correct and usually a middle school coach that does the 7V7 (At least thats what i've seen in Knoxville).  If he is talking about the kids doing 7v7 with the Witten Huddle team, that isn't ran by the coaching staff at Betsy. (It's ran by Ryan who is the brother of Shawn and Jason and the Head Coach at Milligan College for their Girls Flag Football team).  Witten Huddle team isn't exclusive to just Betsy athletes either and know current and former Greeneville players that played on those teams over the years

Edited by Swipes

4 minutes ago, sandshark1994 said:

Swipes Isn't Wittens brother on the high school staff as well as the middle school?

That I do not know. I do know he is the Head Coach for the Woman's Flag Football team at Milligan.  If he is in fact on the High School Coaching Staff then that would appear to be illegal

I'm sure those 1's and 2's at Elizabethton will be more than happy to give up their position to the kid who is just transferring into the school his senior year.  Nothing better than working your tail off for years just to give up your spot to a transfer.

This thread is hilarious.  Yeah that Witten Huddle has never been used to recruit, no sir.  Elizabethton is a power house, winning breeds success, but come on let's not try and hide everything that's going on over there.  Carter County All Stars are now the Carter-Sullivan All Star Team.

1 hour ago, formerblazer said:

I'm sure those 1's and 2's at Elizabethton will be more than happy to give up their position to the kid who is just transferring into the school his senior year.  Nothing better than working your tail off for years just to give up your spot to a transfer.

This thread is hilarious.  Yeah that Witten Huddle has never been used to recruit, no sir.  Elizabethton is a power house, winning breeds success, but come on let's not try and hide everything that's going on over there.  Carter County All Stars are now the Carter-Sullivan All Star Team.

Wake up because that is HS football now. They will either ride the pine, find a new position, or transfer. Every school recruits. Some are better than others, some don't have to try as hard after awhile once they start winning more than the surrounding area schools.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

On 2/16/2024 at 11:15 AM, blazer1set said:

If the TE wants a shot at a state title then this is a good move because Sullivan East will never be in a championship.    That's not to say that colleges would not recruit from SE but if he wants to play at the next level then Elizabethton is a better option.

Unless we see some changes in the local recruiting, that ship has sailed.  Rest of the state has caught up and passed our orange and green friends.  5A looks better for them right now, 4A is becoming tougher and tougher.

• 1 month later...

Until the season actually starts and we get more info it's only a guess, but here goes:

Aug 23 Science Hill (W, 1-0)
Aug 30 Morristown West (W, 2-0)
Sep 6 Grainger (W, 3-0)
Sep 13 Cherokee (W, 4-0)
Sep 20 @ Daniel Boone (W, 5-0)
Sep 27 Sullivan East (W, 6-0)
Oct 4 Dobyns-Bennett (W, 7-0)
Oct 11 @ Northview Academy (W, 8-0)
Oct 18 @ Volunteer (W, 9-0)
Oct 31 @ Greeneville (L, 9-1)

16 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Until the season actually starts and we get more info it's only a guess, but here goes:

Aug 23 Science Hill (W, 1-0)
Aug 30 Morristown West (W, 2-0)
Sep 6 Grainger (W, 3-0)
Sep 13 Cherokee (W, 4-0)
Sep 20 @ Daniel Boone (W, 5-0)
Sep 27 Sullivan East (W, 6-0)
Oct 4 Dobyns-Bennett (W, 7-0)
Oct 11 @ Northview Academy (W, 8-0)
Oct 18 @ Volunteer (W, 9-0)
Oct 31 @ Greeneville (L, 9-1)

I agree with all picks

W/L line set at 9.5

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, MuddleHuddle said:

May have already been mentioned. Apologies if this is the case. There seems to be a change of plans. The kid is definitely not playing for Betsy next year. 

Is he staying at SE?  I saw he picked up some more offers from Ole Miss, Miss State, Syracuse,Arizona State, Colorado State, ECU, MTSU, and WKU.