No playoffs for Lipscomb Academy in 2024

fredjones

Board of Control members who voted in favor of lifting the ban include Board president Mike Reed of Morristown West, Michel Sanchez of Hunters Lane, Jay Watts of Girls Preparatory School, Dennis Goodwin of DCA and Braxton Brady of Evangelical Christian.

Those voting against lifting the playoff ban included Jody Wright of Fulton, Patrick Spangler of Bradley Central, Grant Swallows of Warren County, Greg Scott of Milan, Bryan True of Loretto, Dexter Williams of Trinity Christian and Greg McCullough of Memphis Central.

At first it looked a little strange for Coach Dexter Williams being the only private school representative voting against lifting the ban, but his prior coaching experience at Milan in 2013, 2014 and 2015 perhaps explains it.

Edited by ChuckDSanAntonio

Want to be thinkin that the body ain’t wakin up in the mornin sayin To themselves…..I want to take the gold balls from Dilfer and LA

….could possibly be one on there that would

….can also see where them Nashville CoC’ers would say that….feelin, admitting and actin they did absolutely wrong and are were innocent as a newborn babie

….glad to see some of the coacht boy cotters back on to threadin 

Booger just sayin :thumb:

19 hours ago, Chattanoogachoochoo said:

I have been told by a former staff member and longtime friend that the 2 year playoff ban was a slap on the wrist had the TSSAA wanted to dig into the Dilfer years where violations were egregious.  

Are the Admin that were employed when Dilfer and Mawae were head coaches and the, “alleged infractions,” took place still on staff at Lipscomb?

Is Mawae the only person at Lipscomb who “resigned,” during the Deuce situation or were there others? (I have not followed closely)

22 hours ago, SportsTNFan said:

Is Mawae the only person at Lipscomb who “resigned,” during the Deuce situation or were there others? (I have not followed closely)

I don't think his resignation had anything to do with Deuce. If that had been the case he would have resigned after Deuce left. He resigned after an unacceptable losing season and no set plan on how to improve.