No playoffs for Lipscomb Academy in 2024

fredjones

2 hours ago, ocac said:

Where to start............Coach McCadams, RIP, is rolling over in his grave over the Lipscomb shenanigans.  My father, former longtime TN high school head coach/Administrator, and Coach McCadams were extremely close.  They coached together on several All-Star showcase games and competed against each other as well.  When I became a head coach myself, my teams competed against Coach McCadams as well.  We became close as well, as well as some of his former staff.  Some of which are still at LA in some various capacities.  They see it first hand on a daily basis and are embarrassed by what is/has been going on.  Some of the stories I have been told by LA staff members are unreal, if true.  If I had to guess, LA is extremely lucky that TSSAA did not really push the issue beyond what facts we already know.  I hate it for the kids that adults have to get in the way.

I have no dog in the hunt or on the field.  I have heard great things about Coach McCadams.  Alumni that played for him rave about him being a great man.  If there was more, then that should be known.  I completely agree that adults got in the way, but the cited crimes just don't seem to align with the extent of the punishment when you read Kreager's story.  The text message in my mind hardly constitutes recruiting for an enrolled student.

If that's the smoking gun, then the TSSAA should have followed that smoke over to Ensworth.

17 minutes ago, Chattanoogachoochoo said:

My Franklin buddy told me at the Blue Cross Bowl that The whole Duece Knight thing was a disaster and unfair to that young man.  Lipscomb said his parents were moving.  That’s a lie.  Lipscomb set up an address for a Nolensville Road apartment while the young man lived with another player. This was far deeper than a couple of texts. If this text came to light how many dozens more went to countless other players who were illegally brought in.  A group of parents had to buy their children two championship rings.  This totally disgusted and alienated most of the MCAdams former players.  When you cheat the innocent often suffer with the guilty.  Time to pay the piper.  

I can only imagine the internal conflicts of a transfer coming in 3 weeks prior to the season and displacing a senior.  You probably had factions for it due to his stary hype and other saying the current QBs earned their spot. 

If the administration knew Duece didn't move then they should have been fired.  I haven't heard of that fallout.  That's a blatant lie at the highest level of the school that wouldn't align with the mission of the Christian school.  The school was punished for playing ineligible players.  That was taken care of.  Perhaps the firing of complicit admin hasn't been taken care of.  Why did the remaining McCadams staff of good men and women stand by and allow that to happen at the highest level?  In my mind they are also complicit and need to check themselves as well.

I think Lipscomb should have went the IMG route and started played a national schedule, then we wouldn’t be having this conversation. Cheating our not everyone was cheering for them when they played them top teams from other states. Quite frankly it made TN football look good. I wonder will McCallie pick up with LA left off and start scheduling them top 25 teams. People already don’t like them and want them gone because it’s a boarding school…

Edited by FBfan26

1 hour ago, ChuckDSanAntonio said:

I can only imagine the internal conflicts of a transfer coming in 3 weeks prior to the season and displacing a senior.  You probably had factions for it due to his stary hype and other saying the current QBs earned their spot. 

If the administration knew Duece didn't move then they should have been fired.  I haven't heard of that fallout.  That's a blatant lie at the highest level of the school that wouldn't align with the mission of the Christian school.  The school was punished for playing ineligible players.  That was taken care of.  Perhaps the firing of complicit admin hasn't been taken care of.  Why did the remaining McCadams staff of good men and women stand by and allow that to happen at the highest level?  In my mind they are also complicit and need to check themselves as well.

I wouldn’t have any idea how many if any of those people are left. The person I talk to isn’t an employee only a former players dad.   

16 hours ago, FBfan26 said:

I think Lipscomb should have went the IMG route and started played a national schedule, then we wouldn’t be having this conversation. Cheating our not everyone was cheering for them when they played them top teams from other states. Quite frankly it made TN football look good. I wonder will McCallie pick up with LA left off and start scheduling them top 25 teams. People already don’t like them and want them gone because it’s a boarding school…

Agreein Booger with FBfan26....up to last sentence.....and for the 100th time statement of Booger is that McCallie along with its little red raider sister over at Suk creek both been boardin over 100 yrs and wernt causin the rest of the state to butt hurt

..and to respond to FBfan26's wonder....no McCallie will not....nor does Booger think they should

Booger just sayin :thumb:

• Upvote 1

On 3/5/2024 at 10:56 AM, LetMeSpin said:

If it makes you feel any better, this isnt true at all. They have a lot of past memorabilia on display as well as trophies from before Dilfer was there in the football facility. 

I am glad to hear the past is being honored. 

A lot of discussion is being made about the integrity of the school and their leadership during the last few years.  No other program or sport at Lipscomb has experienced any large scale scrutiny or trouble other than football.  Therefore as I stated previously the football program is an isolated case/situation.  Ultimately the leadership of the school is responsible for programs but I don't think the football issue is an indictment of the entire institutions moral standard. 

Again in my opinion the TSSAA board ruling is not just a response to two cases but a ruling regarding the entire public persona of the football program and what had been going on(fact/fiction).  We all know that most schools recruit in some sense of the word especially in the private division.  If the QB moves to Lipscomb with his parents... sets up a residence and enrolls in school then I do not see a violation despite the interesting timing.  Yes he could of gotten financial aid but that situation did not occur that way.  MCcallie or other boarding schools I presume follow rules set forth by the TSSAA so to me that is not an excuse for TSSAA violations.   Other programs around Nashville had been turning Lipscomb into the TSSAA for the past few seasons for violations and according to my sources the TSSAA had given them slaps on the wrist. 

Hopefully this will be a turning point for the program and the future will be brighter. Many other D2 private schools have operated a clean program, attracted athletes, and had consistent success. Lipscomb can do this as well but we all know what no post season means. 

Sadly many who once loved the school will only be observing from a distance.

Edited by Gambler

18 minutes ago, Gambler said:

I am glad to hear the past is being honored. 

A lot of discussion is being made about the integrity of the school and their leadership during the last few years.  No other program or sport at Lipscomb has experienced any large scale scrutiny or trouble other than football.  Therefore as I stated previously the football program is an isolated case/situation.  Ultimately the leadership of the school is responsible for programs but I don't think the football issue is an indictment of the entire institutions moral standard. 

Again in my opinion the TSSAA board ruling is not just a response to two cases but a ruling regarding the entire public persona of the football program and what had been going on(fact/fiction).  We all know that most schools recruit especially in the private division.  If the QB moves to Lipscomb with his parents... sets up a residence and enrolls in school then I do not see a violation despite the interesting timing.  Yes he could of gotten financial aid but that situation did not occur that way.  MCcallie or other boarding schools I presume follow rules set forth by the TSSAA so to me that is not an excuse.   Other programs around Nashville had been turning Lipscomb into the TSSAA for the past few seasons for violations and according to my sources the TSSAA had given them slaps on the wrist. 

Hopefully this will be a turning point for the program and the future will be brighter.  Sadly many who once loved the school will only be observing from a distance.

Mccallie, Baylor, Webb School, etc. that having boarding programs are not doing what Lipscomb did in this scenario. They operate within the parameters that the TSSAA governing body has set for any institution that wants to have a boarding program. 

Go look at the Tennessean article that came out recently "bona fide change of residence" new term of the week.  

The second half of the article is fascinating with the text messages and violations that others on this board have been commenting about.  I want to hear more about this from other folks in the know

https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/high-school/2023/10/30/deuce-knight-lipscomb-academy-postseason-ban-tssaa-football-playoffs-2023/71384369007/

2 hours ago, Booger said:

Agreein Booger with FBfan26....up to last sentence.....and for the 100th time statement of Booger is that McCallie along with its little red raider sister over at Suk creek both been boardin over 100 yrs and wernt causin the rest of the state to butt hurt

..and to respond to FBfan26's wonder....no McCallie will not....nor does Booger think they should

Agree with @Booger here, no one has been upset about those boarding schools until the last half-decade. Why would McCallie or Baylor volunteer to play a national schedule @FBfan26 ? 

You ain't from around these parts or ain't ever visited on a Friday night in the Fall, so hear it from someone who has... those two schools care about one thing when it comes to football. Beating the crosstown rival... and for the past half-decade if you win that game, you're in a spot to win a gold ball.

When I meet grown adults in Chattanooga and get to talking, they ask "Where did you go to school?" I always reply UTC for undergrad and Vanderbilt for grad school. The response is always "No, did you go to Baylor or McCallie?" It's different around here, man. This quite literally is life.  

I imagine they both care zero about playing schools like IMG Academy, Bishop Gorman, etc.  What would either  gain from that? 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Maybe if LA had removed some of the leadership that obviously signed off or looked the other way at all the many transactions that were going on the TSSAA might have held the ban to one year. Maybe not since the transgressions all occurred and were documented.  

Why do we continue to revisit this? LA broke several major rules. The more important part is THEY GOT CAUGHT. Quit crying about the repercussions after the fact. 

The bottom line is that all of this could have been avoided simply by following the rules or being better at cheating.

22 hours ago, theunderstudy said:

Agree with @Booger here, no one has been upset about those boarding schools until the last half-decade. Why would McCallie or Baylor volunteer to play a national schedule @FBfan26 ? 

You ain't from around these parts or ain't ever visited on a Friday night in the Fall, so hear it from someone who has... those two schools care about one thing when it comes to football. Beating the crosstown rival... and for the past half-decade if you win that game, you're in a spot to win a gold ball.

When I meet grown adults in Chattanooga and get to talking, they ask "Where did you go to school?" I always reply UTC for undergrad and Vanderbilt for grad school. The response is always "No, did you go to Baylor or McCallie?" It's different around here, man. This quite literally is life.  

I imagine they both care zero about playing schools like IMG Academy, Bishop Gorman, etc.  What would either  gain from that? 

You know folks in today’s climate is going to find something to complain about. It started with public and private then it moved to open zone and county and now when the boarding schools start winning, it’s a problem. To be truthful about the national schedule/ playing ranked teams I was just thinking out loud. As a fan of Tennessee high school football it’s good seeing the state of Tennessee getting that exposure “No matter what team” and seeing how we match up. 

5 hours ago, FBfan26 said:

You know folks in today’s climate is going to find something to complain about. It started with public and private then it moved to open zone and county and now when the boarding schools start winning, it’s a problem. To be truthful about the national schedule/ playing ranked teams I was just thinking out loud. As a fan of Tennessee high school football it’s good seeing the state of Tennessee getting that exposure “No matter what team” and seeing how we match up. 

FBfan26 just keeps bringin those Amans....

....and now them Ensworth moneymen are out-exposurin all of'em with big brother Matt hired to run brother Tim offense

• Like 1