McKenzie Rebels HC candidates?

1 hour ago, TheCountian said:

I initially thought it might be the coach Carr guy that’s going to Lexington but I think he’ll stay there to keep his image.  Since there’s been a week or so for things to transpire, I think it’ll be Hodge which would be a good hire for the rebels 

I have heard 5 names. Only one confirmed. 

17 minutes ago, RedRebelman said:

I just heard 5 names that have applied. I also heard the last interview is today, so hopefully they'll make a decision soon.

I don’t know why , but I feel like it’s going to be Hodge.. I assume he would be first on the list if not Carr or Frost .. completely speculative though .. maybe they surprise us all . Would love to see what Lampkins could do at Mckenzie but he seems content at Gleason and not sure that would be a popular hire amongst the Rebel faithful. 

1 hour ago, west10EZ said:

I don’t know why , but I feel like it’s going to be Hodge.. I assume he would be first on the list if not Carr or Frost .. completely speculative though .. maybe they surprise us all . Would love to see what Lampkins could do at Mckenzie but he seems content at Gleason and not sure that would be a popular hire amongst the Rebel faithful. 

I have made the comment to many people over the years that if Lampkins went somewhere with a stream of talent, he would do very well. His teams are always well prepared, and get after you. He has had spurts over the years at Gleason.  I respect the heck out of him for not chasing the all mighty $$ and being loyal.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VOLnWTN said:

I have made the comment to many people over the years that if Lampkins went somewhere with a stream of talent, he would do very well. His teams are always well prepared, and get after you. He has had spurts over the years at Gleason.  I respect the heck out of him for not chasing the all mighty $$ and being loyal.  

He’s got a decent class of 2026 and a stud player class of 2027 in a kid named Byington .. most coaches wouldn’t hesitate if asked to coach a program like Mckenzie… but he would be the one . He’s just content being at his alma mater. 

Gut feeling Hodge stays at Dresden. He has a D1 talent in a kid named Jaquan Ellison who is only a junior this upcoming year.

Dresden has a decent talent pool coming up thru the next few years. Mckenzie may get bumped to 2a in next round of classifications. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sherdog said:

Gut feeling Hodge stays at Dresden. He has a D1 talent in a kid named Jaquan Ellison who is only a junior this upcoming year.

Dresden has a decent talent pool coming up thru the next few years. Mckenzie may get bumped to 2a in next round of classifications. 

Yea I guess it’s somewhat debatable whether it’s a better job than Dresden.. perhaps the new facilities and pay raise could convince him but I don’t know.. I guarantee you he’s on their short list though. I saw Jaquan play in the 8th grade when they scrimmaged Bruceton and knew he was going to be a game breaker . Honestly I think he’s better than Shivers, he’s certainly more technical and polished and quicker than him . 

2 hours ago, west10EZ said:

Yea I guess it’s somewhat debatable whether it’s a better job than Dresden.. perhaps the new facilities and pay raise could convince him but I don’t know.. I guarantee you he’s on their short list though. I saw Jaquan play in the 8th grade when they scrimmaged Bruceton and knew he was going to be a game breaker . Honestly I think he’s better than Shivers, he’s certainly more technical and polished and quicker than him . 

From the outside looking in, it's not debatable... McKenzie pays more, is getting new facilities, and is close enough that the Dresden kids could follow Hodge there. Getting bumped wouldn't really matter either...Huntingdon would be their biggest challenge in the west this upcoming season, and they've already proven that they can compete with the 'Stangs. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tradertwo said:

From the outside looking in, it's not debatable... McKenzie pays more, is getting new facilities, and is close enough that the Dresden kids could follow Hodge there. Getting bumped wouldn't really matter either...Huntingdon would be their biggest challenge in the west this upcoming season, and they've already proven that they can compete with the 'Stangs. 

Getting moved to 2A would be a huge deal for Rebels!  Talent pool is not as strong after this season.