State at MTSU vs Tn Tech

attila

10 minutes ago, jvaughan said:

TSSAA would rather not have it than use Memphis. That and you are at the extreme edge of the state.

By this logic, the girls state soccer tournament shouldn’t be held in Chattanooga. Not only is it on the extreme edge of the state for everyone in the west, Baylor school is simply inadequate to host a state tournament. I’ve been there for years. It’s in a challenging location, parking is abysmal, and the facilities are not great. Heck, they ask assistant coaches to take the microphone to introduce starting lineups.

Geographically Murfreesboro is the right place for all championships.  The biggest issue is the venue.  ITS TIME FOR SOME RENOVATIONS!!!! The place hasn’t been updated since I was in grade school. I’m in my 50’s now.  Walking in with my dad up those stairs is a struggle for him. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, tennesseeannouncer said:

By this logic, the girls state soccer tournament shouldn’t be held in Chattanooga. Not only is it on the extreme edge of the state for everyone in the west, Baylor school is simply inadequate to host a state tournament. I’ve been there for years. It’s in a challenging location, parking is abysmal, and the facilities are not great. Heck, they ask assistant coaches to take the microphone to introduce starting lineups.

That’s why I used that logic. I’m in agreement that any state tournament shouldn’t be held anywhere but the middle of the state. Football state championship game works anywhere because you play one game.
As for the rest of the stuff that has nothing to do with location, I’ll just say T$$AA.

56 minutes ago, jvaughan said:

That’s why I used that logic. I’m in agreement that any state tournament shouldn’t be held anywhere but the middle of the state. Football state championship game works anywhere because you play one game.
As for the rest of the stuff that has nothing to do with location, I’ll just say T$$AA.

Football should be the middle of the state as well. Travel is travel if it’s one game or 3.  

7 minutes ago, option76 said:

Football should be the middle of the state as well. Travel is travel if it’s one game or 3.  

I guess I’m talking more for the fans of participating teams. Assuming hotel stays aren’t an option, with football being just that one game at “State” vs basketball being potentially three games at “State”, you have 1 round trip car ride on game day vs potentially 3 round trip car rides on game days, 2 of which are back to back days with semis and championship. That’s two different travels. Makes putting football in East or Middle more doable.
FWIW I think every TSSAA sports championship should be in Nashville or Murfreesboro. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, jvaughan said:

I guess I’m talking more for the fans of participating teams. Assuming hotel stays aren’t an option, with football being just that one game at “State” vs basketball being potentially three games at “State”, you have 1 round trip car ride on game day vs potentially 3 round trip car rides on game days, 2 of which are back to back days with semis and championship. That’s two different travels. Makes putting football in East or Middle more doable.
FWIW I think every TSSAA sports championship should be in Nashville or Murfreesboro. 

I Understand that logic. I’d like to see football played at Nissan stadium. Just for the experience for the kids. Would the parking suck for me as a fan I’m sure it would, but imagine the experience for the student. 

On 3/17/2024 at 1:23 PM, tennesseeannouncer said:

Extreme edge of the state?? Have you ever even seen a map of Tennessee??

It might be 300 miles from Memphis to Chattanooga, but it's still 225 miles from Chattanooga to Bristol. 

I think MTSU is the right venue because the state tournament does not draw big crowds in Tennessee for whatever reason.  I agree the steps up to the arena should be addressed by MTSU.  I think the format with 8 games a day is tough and some plan needs to be addressed with trash in the stands. I had to kick trash out of the way to sit down and the concrete was a sticky mess in the arena. If they keep the same format a plan to deal with the trash needs to be addressed. Maybe they could get people to periodically pick up trash or schedule a break after game 4 to collect some of the trash. I would even have it announced on the PA between games asking fans to dispose of their trash around them. I attended the state championship game in Kentucky and they had 17000 in attendance plus Rupp was very clean. They play two semifinals on Saturday morning and championship game on Saturday night. They do have more time between the sessions to clean the arena. The TSSAA needs to look at double venues for the state tournament for dealing with 4 classifications.  Use MTSU and TENN TECH and play two classifications at each venue. Both are

geographically connected to middle Tennessee. 4 quarter final games on Wednesday and Thursday and four semi final games on Friday and two championship games on Saturday. Get rid of the 8 games on one day for 3 consecutive days. I definitely think you would get better crowds by playing an afternoon session (noon and 2)and evening session (6 and 8) for games on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.  Play the championship games at 4 and 7 on Saturday evening. Just my 2 cents opinion. 

On 3/16/2024 at 11:20 PM, tennesseeannouncer said:

If any conversation is going to be had, why not consider a venue west of the Tennessee River? Believe it or not, it would be ok for the west to host an event. 

Because it needs to be centrally located. Otherwise have it in Bristol then the west teams can travel 6 hours instead of 3. Makes just as much sense as what you said. 

On 3/26/2024 at 1:53 PM, warmachine7954 said:

It really should rotate every few years. Memphis fans would represent a lot more even if it was held every 3 years in Memphis.

No offense, but Memphis is not a safe place to walk down the sidewalk let alone host a state tournament over 3 days.