White Co. v. Cookeville

thekeg55

Hey all:

Lets talk about the Sparta boys JV Team. 2-0.!!!! Wins over Crossville by 8 and Upperman by 34!!!!.... ..

Looking Good for the future of the White County BB program.

Now we won't have to wait for the 8th grade team to come, just wait till late in this season or early next year for this bunch to get its final touches.

Coach's Slatten & Dodson are doing a GREAT JOB...!!!

Lets get behind the boys and make the program better with a positive note sometime...........GO WARRIORS beat Cookeville

Hey 85WARRIOR.... I too have been watching WCBB for 25+ years.....We have not always been on top of the pile....Could it be that we are spoiled with Back-to-Back titles and have forgotten what it is like to WORK to be the best....????..HMMMMMMMM......

Warrior Dad- "Wonder what it is like to have to WORK to be the best?" I don't know what you were trying to imply by that statement and I hope it wasn't what it sounded like. I mean it sounded like you were implying that those teams that won those state championships didnt have to work to be the best. Let me assure you those teams worked and worked until they couldn't anymore. No one has spent as much time in the gym as those teams. Thats a fact I know. So don't try to make it sound like those teams just sat around and won it all cause it doesn't work like that.

Thanks FasterEddie......Not my intention at all to imply that the State Champion teams "just sat around" & collected the gold. I was reminding 85Warrior that not every team has the talent that existed on those teams.

Just a reminder that we should get off of Slatten and Dodson long enough and let them develop their teams with what they have and not be "spoiled with the success of the past".

My intended statement was for the fans who are complaining about the start of the season, and those who dont know how much work goes into just getting ready for a game, much less winning a state title. Go Warriors & Warriorettes.....

Congrats to the Cookeville teams. Better games than anyone expected.. Cookeville took 4 games from Sparta last night. Taking care of the ball and missed scoring opportunities cost Sparta these wins down the stretch.

Whats up with Paul "Moe" Copley...is he going to follow the White Co. squad this year?

Sparta JV Boys continue to progress...Ball control, smart passes, and taking advantage of scoring opportunities will provide wins for the squads. Good Job Coach Dodson!!!! Keep up the good work and encouragement for the boys........

Look out when Cookeville comes to Sparta the end of January.....

Now lets focus on Livingston......Go Warriors & Warriorettes.....

DID SPARTA J.V. REALLY PLAY LIKE CRAP.....THAT JUST DOESN'T SOUND RIGHT. I WAS UNABLE TO TO SEE ANY OF THE GAMES. BUT I HEARD THAT COOKVILLE HAD 3 JUNIORS PLAYING ON THE J.V. SO IF THAT IS THE CASE LAKE DUDE, IT DOES SOUND LIKE OUR WARIORS ARE BACK ON THE WAR PATH. AND DIDN'T COKVILLE ONLY WIN BY 2 COME ON LAKE DUDE HAVE SOME SENSE IF YO UBEAT TEAM BY ONLY 2 THAT MEANS THE OTHER TEAM WAS JUST AS GOO AS YOU...BUT THEN AGAIN YOU MIGHT HAVE MEANT TO SAY THAT THE COOKVILLE J.V. STUNK IT UP TOO????? ;)

lakeguy123- Have you ever considered why Cookeville JV may have played like crap? Perhaps because sparta's play caused them to, I don't know its just an assumption. If cookeville's JV is so good why don't they move some of those great players up to varsity. They struggled against what is supposed to be a weak White Co. They could use some of those JV superstars that didn't show up tuesday. I know your JV team can't be that good.........cause your varsity team isn't. So I mean you can call White Co. terrible or awful or whatever all you want but remember when you do that you barely could beat them.