Warren Co. v. Cookeville

thekeg55

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a must-win for Warren Co. They are 0-2 in the district after two games that they could have won. Cookeville will play hard, as always. This should be a great one. Warren Co.'s players have to start playing smarter, fouling less, and take their time.

Just a couple of questions:

1) Warren Co. views this as their top rivalry (according to last nights pre-game). Why does Cookeville not look at it the same way. Who does Cookeville see as their top rival? :confused:

2) What's up with Cookeville's bleachers? As much money as there is in Cookeville and they can't get their bleachers open. Try bringing over an engineer from Tech, you're going to need those open Friday night. Or are ya'll just going to put Warren Co. in the upper deck to try to quiet us down? :x

First of all the bleachers are not our fault!!!!!!!!! The company makers of the bleachers sent a technician down two weeks before the season started because they would not open. And he told us the problem was fixed. Yet, lastnight before the sparta game and they would not come out. And i think white county is considered our biggest rivalry. But you guys maybe,.

;)

Posted by eagle79:

This is a must-win for Warren Co. They are 0-2 in the district after two games that they could have won. Cookeville will play hard, as always. This should be a great one. Warren Co.'s players have to start playing smarter, fouling less, and take their time.

Just a couple of questions:

1) Warren Co. views this as their top rivalry (according to last nights pre-game). Why does Cookeville not look at it the same way. Who does Cookeville see as their top rival? :confused:

2) What's up with Cookeville's bleachers? As much money as there is in Cookeville and they can't get their bleachers open. Try bringing over an engineer from Tech, you're going to need those open Friday night. Or are ya'll just going to put Warren Co. in the upper deck to try to quiet us down? ;)

Well I think us at Cookeville see White Co. as our biggest rival, the all sport rival. Your rival is normally someone close to your school. In the case of football white co. and cumberland co. would be our rivals. In basketball probally white co.!!! The bleachers might be fixed pending on weather they found someone that can fix them. If the fans from warren co. want to sit in them so they dont sit in the upper deck then they can crawl behind them and fix them!!

Posted by thekeg55:

Well I think us at Cookeville see White Co. as our biggest rival, the all sport rival. Your rival is normally someone close to your school. In the case of football white co. and cumberland co. would be our rivals. In basketball probally white co.!!! The bleachers might be fixed pending on weather they found someone that can fix them. If the fans from warren co. want to sit in them so they dont sit in the upper deck then they can crawl behind them and fix them!!

This is the reason Warren Co. sees Cookeville as their biggest rival. Cookeville people are the most arrogant, self-appreciating, condescending people in the world. Who would take offense to a comment about broken bleachers and suggest that visitors to their gym fix them themselves? I truly hope that all Warren County players and fans get up for this game. Any proud Pioneer knows you have to HATE Cookeville and hopefully our team will play like it Friday night. :D:);)

(heh, heh, 69 posts, is that good luck?) :D

[Edited by rastabob on 12-12-02 8:07A]

Posted by rastabob:
Posted by thekeg55:

This is the reason Warren Co. sees Cookeville as their biggest rival. Cookeville people are the most arrogant, self-appreciating, condescending people in the world. Who would take offense to a comment about broken bleachers and suggest that visitors to their gym fix them themselves? I truly hope that all Warren County players and fans get up for this game. Any proud Pioneer knows you have to HATE Cookeville and hopefully our team will play like it Friday night. :):);)

(heh, heh, 69 posts, is that good luck?) :)

Well the comment about fixing the bleachers was in responce to the comment about makeing you'll sit in the upper deck!! In other boards it has been cleary explained that the motor is burned out, something that we at Cookeville have no control over. So it was written to someone who obviousley hadent read that and if they wanta sit down there they can fix it!

Posted by rastabob:
Posted by thekeg55:

This is the reason Warren Co. sees Cookeville as their biggest rival. Cookeville people are the most arrogant, self-appreciating, condescending people in the world. Who would take offense to a comment about broken bleachers and suggest that visitors to their gym fix them themselves? I truly hope that all Warren County players and fans get up for this game. Any proud Pioneer knows you have to HATE Cookeville and hopefully our team will play like it Friday night. :):);)

(heh, heh, 69 posts, is that good luck?) :)

We will see friday night!!! Since Warren Co. is so dead set on Cookeville being their rival!! Go Cookeville boys!!!

Well, here we go. This is WC's biggest rival. I've talked to Cookeville folks today and they say that in basketball Oakland is their biggest rival. Of course Sparta is always hotly contested, due to proximity.

Keys for a Pioneers win....

1. Finding it "homey" on the road. The Pioneers always feed off the emotion of plying in front of boisterous crowds at the "The Dalt". If the crowd makes the trip, watch out. Plus, It's always tough to get a District 7-AAA road win.

2. Bishop out of foul trouble. Reese has got to keep his hand out of the proverbial cookie jar (Fouled out in last two games, bothn losses). When Reese has to sit down it becomes a heavy offensive burden for this team bear. This game could get black and blue out there, so foul trouble is very, very important.

3. Holding leads. The Pioneers have lost two games this season by not holding leads late. Coach Kiel loves to go about 10 deep, so the yong kids will have to start stepping up and help the starters maintain leads. This is easier said than done because the Pioneers are not a slow it down, half court team. Smart, high percentage shots have got to be taken down the stretch.

Notes:

SR-Forward Randall Harrell needs two points to reach 1,000 in his Pioneer career. The only win in the Pioneers history in the new gym came in the district tournament last season. The Pioneers and the Cavs just don't get along. By the way Pregame on 1230 WAKI (Charter Cable Channel 6) will come on at 5:30 PM. For those traveling watch out it might rain. that means those dirt roads could be treacherous.

GO PIONEERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;)

Guest warrenco2003

Seeing as how Randal Harrell, which hit the big 1000 tonight, fouled out in the 3rd quarter due to a bad call and only had 4 points on the board at the time, I think Warren County played pretty good. If it wasn't for the horrible calls made by the refs, Warren County would have taken home another W to add to the list. Playing Cookeville at the "dalt" should be a great game! Especially the competition between the two cheering sections! Especially you "REF"! ;)

I take it all your Warren County fans enjoyed my Ref's shirt?!?!?!

I gotta say...those cheerleaders can do some talking. I was kinda scared of them!!

But all that matters is that Cookeville came out with another big win.

Cant wait till we come there....You can count on me bring the Ref's shirt with me too!!

Im sorry to the kid who brought the sign over there to us...we didnt mean to tear it up........hahahah!!!

Go Cavs

[Edited by Sadler57 on 12-14-02 9:26A]

Guest missedit

Since you are so proud of your Cav boys, maybe you could tell us why Moore and Weaver were out last night? Also, Moore was out against Sparta. Are they injured or what?

Warren County not only lost the basketball game, but the contest between the student bodies as well. Last year our student section put Cookeville to shame both at our place and theirs. We need to take it up a couple notches if we want to keep that "Front Row Bros" thing going. Come on guys and girls I know you've got it in ya.

GO PIONEERS!!!!!!!!

:(