Hancock County Basketball

BigJake

I would like to know what the heck is going on with the new coach at Hancock High? I've played,called,and coached basketball for over 25 years and I have never seen such a misuse of talent in my life. Here you are with 8 seniors on your team and you don't know how to use them.Why are you using a 3 guard line up? If you're planning on winning a state championship you better use your big men.In other words (if you're gonna battle with the big boys you better have your big boys ready for battle).

BigJake, you do have a point! I know for a fact that his seniors are all good players, the best on the team, in my opinion! Why use underclassmen in staring lineup and first off the bench, when the seniors have more experience and only a few months left to play. As far as the positioning goes, I know 3 or 4 seniors that can play different positions well. Why not use them? Big guys, too!

I am not familiar with Hancock basketball to much extent except that I have seen them play the past 3 or 4 years in the regionals. You have some fine talent down that way and they have always seemed to be coached very well. My question is what happened to your former coach? I thought he did a good job from what I saw of his teams. Did he move on to another job?

What is Coach Johnson's background? I still can't figure out how he got the job in the first place. I dont wish losing on Hancock Co. but you get what you deserve when you handle a coaching change like you guy's did. I feel sorry for the players in this whole thing, they deserve better. Coach Seal did a great job in building up this program. I'm sorry to see it go down, do to Sneedville politics. So good choice guys, you chose to have this season this way.

I still have a hard time understanding your stake in this matter. Why are you so interested? Who are you and why are you so fast too judge after only 8 games. Coach Johnson has a tough job and it would have been difficult for anyone. I wish that everyone would at least wait until the season is over to judge this team including their coach. These guys and their coach will do just fine. We have played one of the most difficult early schedules that I can remember. We need to be patient. Go away big A.

I'm just on a message board like everyone else here saying what I think. I'm not out to get anyone, I've just stated the obvious. So if you don't like it tough. If Hancock does well great ! But right now they are having a tough time huh. So why do you single me out when others have said the same thing? I wish Coach Johnson well and the team well. But so far the job is not getting done, so again you get what you put in.

When did you see us play this year Big A? Our loses were to Rhea County (a top 10 AAA school on their home court). Chattanooga Notre Dame (a Division 2 contender for the state crown) Rutledge at home and Knox Webb on the road in close games. It is far too early to judge this team or its coach. You are the only one commenting that is not connected to the program. I only wish that people outside the program (who have not seen us play) would show a little compassion. I know you can not understand people who come from a small town, but we are proud of our heritage and tradition. We are also proud to be a part of Indian Basketball and its great players, coaches and fans. I am proud to be a Hancock Countian and to be counted among its great people. Tony did a great job with this program and I wish Coach Johnson the best with continuing our great tradition. I have a great deal of love for these players and would do nothing to hurt this situation. I wish that everyone would just give them and their coach a chance to prove that they are truly winners. To the players: You must ignore the comments on this web site and focus on the task at hand.

I hope you are correct Truth 33. But until Nichols gets some more help on the inside I think it will stay the same.I think they need to go with a bigger line up or at least as big as possible.I could see using a 3 guard line up if they were a 3 point threat but they're not,so go with what has worked for years. From what I've seen they have too many players trying to be in the spot light,you can't win BIG GAMES like that. :confused: