mega phones at games?

jacketpride24

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest firstnten

At mj last night we had an electronic megafone takin up for the second time this year acctually the only 2 times weve used it. but the small ones and regular cheerleader ones were fine.

I swear,T$$AA comes up with new,stupid pointless rules every year,like this year they (refs)have to be able to see the entire waistband on your shorts,or your pulled from the game.i mean,what the crap does that rule do for anyone,its not a safety,or advantage issue,its just plain stupdity.T$$AA needs something else to occupy all that free time instead of comin up with bogus rules.

Concerning the rules of the basketball rule book. Their is no artificial noise makers aloud during the game. In fact it says they are prohibited. As far a uniforms YES their is a proper way you are to wear your uniform. At the state rules meeting your coaches were told what was and what was not acceptible. All the officials do is to inforce the rules. It is no different than the rules of life, you have to follow them and if you don't you set on the bench. The problem I have with all this is kids today think they can do as they please and suffer no backlash for this behavier. Just an example if you have a dress code at school do you go by it or do you dress the way you want and suffer the consiquences. well its the same with basketball. It is a dress code and live with it. Remember its a basketball game not a fashion show.

P.S. Remember the fashion police will be watching you on the court so keep them shirts tucked in. ;)

Posted by bbreftn:

Concerning the rules of the basketball rule book. Their is no artificial noise makers aloud during the game. In fact it says they are prohibited. As far a uniforms YES their is a proper way you are to wear your uniform. At the state rules meeting your coaches were told what was and what was not acceptible. All the officials do is to inforce the rules. It is no different than the rules of life, you have to follow them and if you don't you set on the bench. The problem I have with all this is kids today think they can do as they please and suffer no backlash for this behavier. Just an example if you have a dress code at school do you go by it or do you dress the way you want and suffer the consiquences. well its the same with basketball. It is a dress code and live with it. Remember its a basketball game not a fashion show.

P.S. Remember the fashion police will be watching you on the court so keep them shirts tucked in. ;)

Ya, but the point is that these rules are pointless and the TSSAA needs to stop makeing bogus rules.

Like them or not, rules are made to be inforced. If the TSSAA tells officials "enforce the rules" then they must inforce the rules! And yes, if officals don't, they can lose games from their supervisors!! Also, the purpose of megaphones is so that cheerleaders can cheer louder, not bang on the floor, fan use, or for any other reason!! Behind every rule, there is a valid reason as to why it was done. Lastly remember, the rules the TSSAA plays by are NATIONAL FEDERATION rules which are used in almost every state in the country. So the rules you see here are the same used all across the contry. I know for a fact that Georgia and Kentucky are using the new "waistband" rule this year too!! Play ball, do what your asked to do, and have fun ;)

BBREFTN,

My question to you is, what is an artifical noise maker? I do ont think a mega phone is an artificial noise maker. It may amplify the voice but what you hear is not artifical. What did you do go to some meeting and either misunderstand what you where told or take what they told you with out questioning it.

I disagree with you that referees only enforce the rules. There is always some judgement and interpretation of the rules. The ones who do not know what they are doing hide behind lame excuses. Now tell me how a mega phone violates the rule against artificial noise makers. Remember a mega phone does not have to be a big one like cheerleaders used in the past and that if they are being used incorrectly then that can be regulated.

This thread is about the use of mega phones not about a dress code.