Maryville at William Blount

LordInfamous

Gaskin, Buckley, and Byner are back tonight. It will be interesting to see who dresses and who starts.

If we don't shoot better than we have the last few games, we will be in trouble. They spent most of the practice yesterday shooting in the main gym.

I think WB will be wanting this one because they also lost to Farragut Tuesday night.

Maryville better want this one because the last time we met Billy Blount put us out of the state tournament.

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maryville started out real cold. William Blounts defense had a lot to do with that. The 1st half reminded me of last years regional game with William Blount. In the 3rd quarter Lee Humphrey couldn't miss. I thought Tyler Gaskin gave them some good minutes. He will be a big help when he gets in basketball shape. Carl Eppilito gave them some play at the point.

Overall I was pleased with tonights game.

Guest beachrebel13

it was a crazy environment, with blount fans all over the maryville players, but what they failed to realize was that that only got them fired up, and when u fire up lee humphrey, its on. william blount played good defense, fun game.

hey, if you watch the games you'll notice who boxes out and who doesn't. Those of you who say that maryville's big men aren't getting the boards don't know what your talking about. Watch the games a little closer next time and make up your minds for yourselfs about who boxes out and who gets pushed around. Oh yeah (Check the program's weight room stats and you'll see who gets pushed around and who doesn't) Once again, i tell you to learn the game before you make inane comments.

I've watched the team since their first scrimmage this year, I've seen Andy Tipton neglect boxing out over and over. Drew Houser will not be pushed around, he'll box out. The smaller guys get in there and box out, but Andy doesn't seem to clear the zone, he just tries to outjump everyone. He can do that sometimes, but not when he's behind the guy!