History of Nashville Football - Question

BDURHAM

As much fun as it has been, it looks like this thread is about to run its course. Hopefully someone else will ask the right question that sparks other off-the-initial-subjectline answers that will take us on another trip through old times.

SCRAPPY, In response to your last post on this thread: Ferebee proud, (lateral) Indian Homecoming Queen proud, Cumberland proud...

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ray Ridgeway - Head Coach at MBA after Tommy Owen's first stint

Wayne Bush - Assistant FB coach at Bellevue in '71-'72. Can't remember if he was ever a head coach. Has he passed on?

Carroll Allen - Assistant FB coach and assistant girls BB coach at Bellevue in early '70s. May have also been head baseball coach.

Also, didn't Pearl & Maplewood play in either the 1968 or 1969 Clinic Bowl at VU? Seems like I remember seeing Jeff Woodcock play in that game...

What a great thread!!

[Edited by 72owl on 1-7-03 12:03P]

Coach763, while I doubt that anyone would get away with calling Coach Johnson "Mama" if he did not want them to, that moniker was attached to him long before college. He is my mothers first cousin and she told me last night that she has called him that her whole life. She didn't know (or wouldn't tell me) how he got it. She also volunteered that he was the best coach Williamson Co. has ever produced.

Scrappy, you are correct, sir. Didn't Bush take over as Defensive Coordinator at the same time Jim Crawford took over as head coach (73?) And yes, I guarantee that he had a LOT of help from Coach Hall if he coached Girls Track. ;)

Are you sure that you're not an ol' Bellevue boy? ;)

Shadow, You may know how long term memory is. It's not always as dependable among the SS set as it's cracked up to be. Sometimes it can get as out of focus as short term memory.

Bill Jones - Hillsboro

Bubber Murphy - In my last post did my memory get Coach Murphy confused with Charlie Greer in guessing West High? Was Coach Murphy at Central?