Basketball Recruiting - Let's Be Fair

Guest handydan

Guest handydan

I have been made aware that Dyersburg High School is up to their old tricks again -- Trying to cause trouble for Dyer Co. High School. Presently the TSSAA is going through a trial with Brentwood Academy about students who wanted to go to Brentwood and the coach sent them a letter and some football game tickets and the TSSAA fined them for recruiting. Last year Dyersburg turned in Dyer Co HS for letting a Jr High student ride the bus to a basketball game. So let me ask the Dyersburg people what this sounds like! Dyersburg Coaches going by and picking up a Jr. High player who was attending a county school - taking her to Dyersburg High School for shooting practice at 7:00 A.M. during the school year for shoot-a-rounds. The coach setting with her dad at Jr. High games - carrying her dad to games in which the Dyersburg Coach was scouting a high school game - using the coaches TSSAA pass to get the parent into the games free. Doesn't this sound very familiar with what is going on with the TSSAA and the courts? This student is now attending Dyersburg High School and is a star freshman player on the girls basketball team. Why don't the rules of the TSSAA apply equally to everyone. Could it be because Sam Miles is on the Board of Controls and the rules don't apply to Dyersburg High School? That the TSSAA has said in meetings that no one has the right to violate the rules - then how could Dyersburg get permission to hold a basketball camp during the "dead period" when during the dead period no coaches are to have contact with High School players - but the TSSAA gave Dyersburg permission to hold a basketball camp during this time. And there is a lot more of this if people would just open their eyes and look equally upon Dyersburg and other schools - There is a lot more ......

[Edited by handydan on 12-17-02 12:07P]

This is why the DC fans are so upset and tensions are high. It is not between the players it is between the DC fans and D'burg coaches and Miles.

If you apply one standard apply it state wide. Do not single

out one school because some a hole on the board is pressing the issue.

You mentioned the Brentwood suit, no quesiton there would be a lawsuit filed aganist TSSAA and Sam Miles as an individual if some large penalty is issued this week.

I understand it should be only that Courtney Jones sets out 4 games which he has now done. If correct he should play the next game. We will see.