Science Hill beats Greeneville

CHHS72

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very low scoring game tonight. Science Hill started out the game on fire leading 11-2. Greeneville came right back and started hitting their shots down. It was a very close game the whole time except for the last 5 min. Greenville went up by I think 8 and started hitting everything. SH it seemed could not hit anything for about 2 min. At I'd say the 2 min. mark SH got 2 good shots from Barcel and Graham and then Bradley hit a 3. It was tied with a few seconds left and Greeneville took the ball down I can't remember if they couldn't get a shot or if they missed a shot, but Odem got the ball and brought it down the court for SH and passed it to Nick Bradley, with 2 seconds left Bradley drained a 3 ptr. to win it. Greeneville played a very good game and their 6'10 player Malone played great. SH on the other hand played pretty bad the majority of the game. They did not play good defense until the final few min. and they blew some easy shots. They're bench played bad tonight too and did not help the starters any when they were in there. It was a good thing they got that spurt in the final min. because they were in trouble. Greeneville dominated the boards. Anthoney Barcel has got to be more productive for SH under the basket. He has got to be more aggressive under the backet. Barcel has the potential to be a really good player if he wants to be. The other big kid for SH Lorencen played real well tonight. SH had a ton of stupid fouls tonight. SH has got to learn that they have to play hard the whole game. Lately they've been playing excellent at the start of the game, slacking off in the 2nd and 3rd quarters, and then making a run in the final 3 min. of the 4th quarter. They will not be able to do that with every team they play. At times they look awesome and at other times they look bad. Don't get me wrong I'm happy they won but sometimes I think they need to play harder. They're good, but they have the potential to be great. Anyways nice win tonight for the Toppers because we all know Greeneville is not an easy team to beat.

SH-45

Greeneville-42

Challenger did Wilburn not get in the game last night? I also didn't see Ian McKinney play any last night. Is he still on the team? Why are Jenkins and Hardin no longer witht the team?

Man is Greeneville's Coach Duncan a big baby or what! I'm reading the JC Press and the man is all whining that his team is better than Science Hill but there were just some questionable calls against them. You know what Coach Duncan I watched that whole game and there were maybe 2 early questionable calls against your guys but I saw a heckuva lot more questionable calls go against the Hilltoppers. Everytime teams don't win at the Topper Palace, especially Greeneville, all they do is whine about it. I hate to break to Coach Duncan and Greeneville fans but did they forget SH also beat them on a neatral court earlier this season? Apparently so. Coach Duncan if your team is better than SH they had 2 chances to prove that so far this season and they haven't done so. You're a grown man so quit your crying and set a better example to your team,fans,and city of Greeneville!

Posted by Surf4life:

You're a grown man so quit your crying and set a better example to your team,fans,and city of Greeneville!

Kind of ironic since you are whining about him whining.

That was a very good game. I still don't think SH is better than G'ville. I think they are both neck & neck. It can go either way at every game.

I also want to add that I thought most of the calls in the game were pretty decent.

[Edited by wsp on 12-18-02 10:54A]

The coach complained about no calls for them but Greeneville got 3 charge calls, two questionable in the second half. The number of fouls called in the second half was definitely in Greeneville's favor. So there is nothing for their fans to whine about and if you doubt what I'm saying, read the article in the JC press.

http://www.johnsoncitypress.com/ArticleDet...ALNEWS&ID=18318

[Edited by UNCCJP33 on 12-18-02 3:01P]

Wilburn and Mckinney are both still on the team. I believe Poe is changing around the second team to try and get them more productive. It seems he is just trying out different combinations of players. Fprney is just a freshman and seems to be like he could be a good player in the coming years. As for Hardin and Jenkins i am not sure but i think they have quit on their own choice. I did hear that Jenkins is transferring to rhea county but im not sure of that. Toppers didnt look to impressive against Greenville, but they dont give up. They have heart but just need to play Topper ball for 32 minutes. Good luck SH

Guest doctorrx

Brandon Frye started the game because the coaches were hoping for a little better outside shooting. Coach Poe's response was that everytime Frye has started, he has done nothing to help the team. Coming off the bench, he excels.