hillsboro???

BABILL

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest OvertonFan

As an unbiased fan, let me say that Hillsboro and Maryville both are great teams. Hillsboro will once again be the favorite to win their region, and they should be since they won it this year. As far as Hillsboro not having the talent to play with Maryville, what exactly were you thinking at half-time of the championship game? I was thinking that Maryville didn't have the talent to play with Hillsboro. I was wrong about Maryville. They definately have talent, and even more heart. But that doesn't mean that Hillsboro didn't have just as much talent. They just didnt make the plays at the end that they had been making all year long.

As a Maryville Fan and Dad I can tell you I think Maryville had more depth and made the plays when they had to. I agree they should be one of the top programs in the state again. If you are a really a Maryville fan, show some class and give respect to a great bunch of Hillsboro people. Hillsboro is a great team, good program and have class. Afew mistakes in that 4th quarter and the gold ball would be in Hillsboro. Also the chances of Hillsboro getting back to the SC game with thier returning talent are some better than my rebs. We will have alot of work to do to make it back.

I am so sick and tired of reading every other thread being about Maryville, or infiltrated by Maryville. If we tried to discuss the cost of footballs, it would inevitably come back to how great Maryville football is. Thankfully some more intelligent Maryville players and fans post rebuttals, but some of you "punk posters" should go back to Instant Messaging each other and leave this site alone for awhile (does your mother know you are using the family computer?). I don't have a dog in the hunt, but the image being projected across the state after your championship is souring folks on your accomplishment. All this bogus chest-thumping will cause a lot of folks to jump all over your when, not if, your program has a decline. Hillsboro has had great success since the current coaching staff has been in place. Let their fans and followers post here in peace.

Coach A is a class act. No one has won at Hillsboro in years...in fact I don't think anyone has been in the same class or had the number of players out. He is a smart coach and is well, well disciplined. My only criticism would be that he needs to expand his offense a bit b/c Maryville obviously has figured out how to stop the wing T at some point in the game. Other than that, I vote him the top coach in the state along with David Pack of CPA.