State Top Ten (AA)

Guest gilessf

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But, Postplayasrock, strength of schedule comes into play. They have lost 4, but to whom? Briarcrest (two time defending D2 state champs), Dyersburg (a quick AAA team) and those were both early on. Then there's Farragut at Farragut in OT (Farragut lost to Shelbyville by 9 and McMinn Central by 4) and White County (a AAA team with lots of tradition who also knocked off Jackson Co. and has only lost to Cookeville).

Who've they beaten? Some quality teams. Clarkrange, who also surprised Jackson Co., Oliver Springs, Cookeville, Coffee County, Cannon Co., and some others.

Jackson County has lost 3, Oliver Springs has lost 4 or 5, Cannon Co. has lost a few. Is record everything to you?

[Edited by richcoach3 on 1-3-03 7:51A]

1-McMinn Central

2-Jackson County

3-Oliver Springs

4-Giles

5-Livingston Academy

6-Upperman

7-Alcoa

8-Cheatham Co.

9-Westview

10-Walker Valley

That is my opinion on the top ten in state. No one will know for sure until the state tournament is over who is # 1 or #10 in the state. These are all good teams, whoever wants to win it the most will. :o

Chargerchick, The top ten after the state tournament only tells you who the best (No.1) team is and nothing else. Last year McMinn Central got beat by Jackson County in the first round of the State. Did that make Central tied for 5th? No! Central was really the second best team in the state. But really after No.1 all the rest is speculation. And does the State have the best 8 teams? No! But they should definitely have the No. 1 team.

I totally agree with you the McMinn Central was the 2nd best team last year. I believe that the championship game should've been held between McMinn Central and Jackson County, and it might have even turned out differently. I agree that the best 8 teams aren't always at state, I think that Upperman could've beaten a lot of the teams at state last year. I agree with you on that too. I also agree that the state should have the best team, but it always doesn't have the 8 best.