The Best High School Team in TN

Guest play

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest copamundial

I saw Houston play back in 2000 and they were unbelievable. They were good enough to beat some college teams that year, maybe even compete with good ones. My hat's off to Mike Irby down there in Germantown; you're obviously doing something right.

Say, when is old Irby going to coach college? I think he'd be a great.

For the boys, I'd have to agree with wc15 that Houston's spring 2000 team was the best if you guage play by how a team is doing at the end of the season; I'd take the CBHS 1992 team when there was only one state title (not 3) as the best start to finish team ever.

For the girls, the Franklin teams of the 80's were tough but the sport in HS was still in its infancy. Based on how they played at the end of the season, the fall 2001 Ridgeway team was outstanding with top talent including players who went on to play at Auburn, Georgia and West Virginia. Start to finish, I would take the 1999 Germantown team that went undefeated and included players who now play for Georgia and Ole Miss.

When picking the best team ever you have to consider two things. Who was the best team to win state and who was the best team that didn't win state. That means they probably "choked" like mentioned before. I've watched or played against all the teams I'm considering. Houston in 1999 and 2000 is the best team ever to win state. Those were back to back national champs as well and were both much better than Bearden of last season. Father Ryan of 1994 nd 1995 are the best teams ever to not win state. They were both undefeated and "choked" to a lesser, but darn good, Bentwood team in substate both years. Either one of those two teams is who I'd consider the best team ever period if they hadn't of choked. Now based on what I've heard I'd have to consider Christian Brothers that won like 3 or 4 state titles in a row starting in 1989.

To the person that mentioned Irby at Houston....I hope he takes over for Coach Donahue at Clarksville High when he retires. It is very possible becuase Irby played for Donahue there.

For best girls team ever...I have no clue.

ok, heres how it is. no one cares about boys soccer. if you are a girl and you play soccer that is completely ok. but guys playing soccer is just wrong. guys should play football, basketball, and baseball. no soccer. i just think if you are a guy and you play soccer you are just not tough enough to play one of those other sports.

ITS JUST THE FACTS!!!!

Guest copamundial

Is this guy, Rebel Raider, serious. Hey buddy, I've seen some of your posts. Now wrestling is a very tough sport and very physically demading, but you talk like these guys, the soccer players are wearing tights and rolling around with each other. I'm not taking anything away from wrestlers. I have a lot of respect for someone who has to dehydrate himself then go wrestle for six minutes, nonstop. Wrestling is tough. But so is soccer. It ,also is very physically demanding. Why don't you go dog football or bowling. I'm not putting you down, but it is apparent to me that you go to Maryville and I understand they have a very good football team. But face it, they wear pads. Soccer players wear shinguards, and that is it. Wrestlers wear nothing. Basketball players wear nothing. If you are going to judge one sport to another and say one is right to play and the other is not, then it sounds to me like you can't keep up. Maryville has a strong soccer program and coach Kerr does an amazing job. If you're going to dog soccer, go dog him. I'll bet you won't. So why don't you keep your posts in your own forum, and leave those of us who aren't "tough enough" to talk about the tough ones, none of which include football.