The Best High School Team in TN

Guest play

I play football, basketball, and soccer for Catholic. Out of all 3 of those, soccer is more physically demanding. Yea, you have to be tough to play football and take the hits, but you get to rest after every play. I took the hits all of football season. Basketball, comes no where near soccer. Soccer is played at a much faster pace than both football and basketball. Everyone says that soccer isn't a physical sport, but it is right up there next to football.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This RedRaider guy is just a victim of his own ignorance. A study was done on all the effects of sports on the body by a major university a few years ago (probably UCLA). The study was based on the effects on all the muscles as well as mental and overall fitness requirements for each sport. They released a top 10 list of the toughest sports with #1 being the toughest. Soccer was #1 followed by Dirt Bike Racing. Wrestling was in the top 5 I believe but football (American) wasn't even in the top 10. I played soccer and football all through high school and both the majority of my life before that and I can definitely vouch for soccer being the tougher sport. I played basketball and baseball to when I was younger To even compare baseball to anything else as being tougher deserves and immediate banning from all sports message boards, chat rooms, etc. That is just straight up ignorant. I love football but still have to say (based on experience AND facts) that until football players take off the pads and helmets...they'll never have a true claim to playing the toughest sport. Just ask the guys that play Rugby. RedRaider......next time you try and list "facts" on a message board make sure they are actually facts first and not just our opinions (ignorant ones at that) and maybe you won't embarrass yourself as much.

Wrestling was right up there near the top of that poll I mentioned but it isn't as hard overall. It seemed that half of our soccer team when I played were wrestlers and I think they all agreed that an 80 minute span of running non-stop and changing directions and having to be responsible for a pretty big chunk of a 110 X 70 yard field was more demanding on the body than a short, but strenous, wrestling match. Playing wing is probably the most dificult of all the positions because you pretty much do nothing but sprint from one end of the field to another playing defense and offense. Well, that is how it is if you play for a team with any kind of offensive stragety instead of a "rope a dope" style where you can just hang back near your goal and play kick ball and wait for an opportunity for a counter attack. Wrestling is deffinately a tough sport though. Much, much, much tougher than football. I think football is the most overrted sport there is.

Funny how this post started talking about the best teams ever, and one coward puts a slam on the sport, and we all band together and slam the dude.

Bottom line - when is the last time you saw a beer belly on a College or Professional Soccer Player? Other than wrestling (not Pro) and Basketball, I'm not sure too many sports can make the same claim.

Still looking for RebelRaider to reply!

Guest sdsocca

ok lil redrydin hood! im guessin yur either a wrestler or a f-ball player! so im guessin u get something outta rollin around with another guy in a singlet? or u like patting teammates on the butt after a good play in football? sounds like my kinda sport ! not! i'd like to se u try and train for soccer season like us soccer players do ! i doubt u would even make it one week !