What else can you say about Giles County?

krogers

After the spanking that Giles County put on Western High School, Saturday night, the only thing left to say about the Cats is, "THEY'RE AWESOME BABY"! I think this team is as talented as any team that I have seen come through Giles County. I watched the first game of the season against LCHS and then the game last night and this team keeps getting better. They seemed to smooth out the rough edges that they had at the beginning of the season. They are playing team ball and are destroying all of they're opponents. OF COURSE, some GCHS doubters are going to bring up the Columbia game and the Bob Jones game and ask what happened. Well if they aren't smart enough to figure that one out, I pity them. Let me know what you think of this post GCHS FANS and HATERS!

What does Tyler's contact person have to do w/ anything. Coach Holt is a great coach, his players respect him on and off of the floor. He shows great leadership and sets a good example for his players. As far as losing in the region, Giles county has the talent to beat anyone in their region and will do so. If this team keeps delevoping their game over the course of the season, it will be hard for anyone to stop them. You know as well as I do that any team can be beaten on any given night. If you haven't seen this team play as of lately, then let me go ahead and tell you, a loss doesn't appear to be in the near future for the CATS!

They destroyed a very good Western High School team out of Lousville Kentucky Saturday night and I must admit they played as a team as much as any team I have seen. I do agree that they're coaching has been questionable in the past but if they continue to play the way they did Saturday, there is no team in the region or state that can beat them. They had 5 players in double digits with Tyler Smith leading the way with 25 points and 8 blocks which including 4 or 5 spectacular dunks that even had Western fans shaking they're heads. I'm not sure they have as much talent as the 91 team but they are playing better as a team. I'm pulling for them but until Holt wins a state title, he's an underachiever in my book. Go Bobcats.......

Krogers - I like coach Holt but if you think he is a great coach, your knowledge of Giles County High basketball must be very limited. He has had more talented players and teams than any other team in class A basketball and has nothing to show for it. Despite numerous 25+ win seasons, he continuosly gets out coached in the big games and watches helplessly while his teams fall short in regional and sub state play. He's had more Division I potential in the past 11 or 12 years but only has 1 player to make a brief appearance at Clemson in 93'. Great coaches get the most out of they're players and teams. Great coaches make they're mark by winning the big games and winning state titles. Great coaches get great players recognized by Div I schools and help them thru the process and transition involved. Coach Holt has done none of the above. Don't get me wrong, I love him and I am pulling and cheering for the Bobcats to win the state. However, I know the program and I base my opinions on the facts, not on what I would simply like to believe. Check the facts and talk to people that have followed the program since the mid 80s and you'll see that coach Holt has none of the ingredients that would make him a GREAT coach.

Award11, I haven't followed the team through the 80's, so I don't know what kind of talent Coach Holt had then. I started following GCHS ball around 91 or 92. I remember the standout players such as Kyle Freeman, John Jenkins, Patrick Howard, Timmy Marks, & even Emmanuel Garrett. I have heard stories about Freeman and how he was uncoachable. I will agree that the team that GCHS had when Patrick Howard was there was probably one of the best ever. They matched up against Ron Mercer and Drew Maddox in the sub-state at GCHS and beat that team off of the floor, simply because they didn't play team ball. When Timmy Marks was there, they again made a State appearance only to be beat by big Oliver Simmons who later went on to play for Kentucky. I have to agree that there has been some of the best talent come through GCHS and travel no further. I will never say that Holt is not a good coach, because he has led GCHS to so many state tournaments. Just because, they make it to the finals and don't win the tournament should never fall back solely on the coach. He can only teach the players, he can't play the game for them!