Celina Lady Dawgs 13-0!!!

Celinadawg18

Wow, we played 3 games against horrible teams. Are you mad cause were rated higher than you. Get off our backs. We're the #1 team in the state A and unless you're from Clarkrange you don't have an arguement, and they really don't until they beat us. We don't need to play a tougher schedule. We use these games to get the bench in. It seems to work down the road too. Plus our better players get to rest and aren't worn out at the end of the season.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Read my Post closer I Mentioned 7 "games against horrible teams" (to use some of your terms). And again not trying to make anyone mad, just calling attention to the facts as they are posted. Good Luck or maybe you girls don't need luck maybe just being "well-rested" will pay-off. Sorry about that last one but I couldn't resist. Really I wish your Lady Dogs the best. ;)

I'm glad to see the last post made with the profanity removed we don't need that on here, besides all I was asking about was the scheduling of easy teams. Cloudland who is second based on win/loss has played 7 AA Schools in TN and 3 AAAA North Carolina teams and only lost one.

That's something to brag about.

ball411: Here are some facts that you failed to recognize. Of Celina's 13 wins 6 of those were against District and Region foes, and as we ALL know our District and Region are one of the toughest in the state (any classification). 3 of those wins were on the road (RBS, Gordonsville, and Friendship), not easy to do in any District or Region. We know who we have played and we know we have a very difficult stretch coming up, and are trying to enjoy the current success of our team and encourage them to keep working hard. Please let us. ;)

As a Morgan County teacher and coach, I enjoyed watching the Celina teams in the Coalfield tourney this past week.

Both teams play solid, fundamental basketball and show good sportsmanship as well.

Our county teams are a little down this year, though the Sunbright girls played with a lot of heart losing narrowly to Cosby and your Celina girls. Don't take anything away from Sunbright or from your Celina girls for escaping with just an 8 point win. Sunbright may not look like such a tough team, but they are going to BATTLE you for four quarters! (and I'm not from Sunbright)

Anyway, it was a pleasure to have both Celina teams playing in the Coalfield tournament. Hopefully, they enjoyed themselves and will enjoy continued success throughout the remainder of the season. And I don't really have to know much of anything else about who the girls have played and beaten, because I know you came out on top over Michelle Snow (a former student of mine) and the Clarkrange Lady Buffaloe! 'Nuff said for me!

By the way, is Celina consolidating with another school or just moving into a new building and changing the name to Clay Co. next year? ;)

---rSquared

I think it is great to enjoy your success and not to take away from the undefeated team, but don't get too "relaxed". All I was trying to point out was there may be tougher teams to play to prepare for tourney time.

Jan. 31 at Jackson Co could be a reality check. Congrads to date Celina and good luck to all. ;)

rSquared: Celina is moving into a new building and the name is being changed into Clay Co High School. This is not a consolidation of Hermitage Springs and Celina and Hermitage Springs will still have a high school as well.

I am from Celina and live in Knoxville and much enjoyed coming to Coalfield for the tourney as my chances to see the teams play is very limited.

Good luck to all the teams!

I don't think our girls will ever be relaxed. I think they know they have to work hard, especially vs. Jackson Co. because it is an AA school. We held up with them last year until half time, then they just intimidated us, I think. I can't speak for the lady dawgs themselves. But all teams are doing great, and good luck girls!

that's right.... go ahead and overlook the lady bobcats.... they've been havin a rough time of it lately, but big booher will have his cats ready to rock come gametime with the dogs.... monterey and clarkrange just got lucky and caught the cats on a bad night.... if they could have only seen them in "full swing" vs. scott county.... booher's game plan was exceptional and they never knew what hit them.... dawgs be ready cause this year WE WILL THRIVE IN 3.5!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(:o:(

I wish the Bobcats the best of luck and everything like that. However, I feel Celina will reign supreme again. This time, however, I've got a feeling that our Lady Dawgs will take full advantage of the 4 quarters given to them, instead of the last 3.5!

Oh, and in case it does get back to the 3.5 incident somehow...we will REVIVE the 3.5!

GO DAWGS!!!