Top 5 Boys teams in the State "03"

mack6

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CBHS players being recruited. Confirmed on Michael Kraus ( Memphis, Creighton and New Mexico. Also Sereth Love ( Memphis and New Mexico ), Brad Whitsitt ( Memphis and St. Louis ), Justin Kramer ( Maryland ), Greg Barana ( South Carolina ) and Matt Bogan ( not sure which ones ).

Tough to know for sure since the division structure eliminates a unified title like in the old days. Nominations for the top 5 overall (remember-preseason speculation; the games will tell):

Christian Brothers (best concentration of talent and good coaching in the State);

Bearden (lost some, not enough to go away);

MBA (great players returning, terrific coaching);

Farragut (maybe the second best public in the State last year; will be very strong and will challenge the Bulldogs);

Brentwood (should be stronger than last year and last year they were very good).

Amusing. The posters listing the talent at CBHS are not exagerating. The listed players are legit DI college prospects and have been standouts for a couple years. To me the big question isn't talent. The big question is whether they can replace Coach Aur who resigned. He was outstanding. CBHS may stumble, but they have to be a pre-season favorite. I just hope we get to play them again.

CBHS shouldn't stumble with the talent they have. Their "replacement" coach has been the club coach for most of their team and has recent professional experience. Chemistry on the field with so much talent will be the challenge for them. If they have it, they'll be extremely good. If they don't they'll still be very good.

Guest copamundial

Thanks chs05. It was Wade Roepke. That was it. Yeah this guy said he was good. He said he saw him play at the TSSAA state tournament and the TSSA state cup. Said the guy was a beast in the air. Can anyone tell me if he graduated and if so where did he go to college? I'm assuming he's still in school because he played on the '85 team. Someone follow up on this. I'd like to see this kid play if he's as good as I hear.