Volunteer tournament

KevB1990

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's sad.

I was talking with some of their players prior to them getting blitzed by Sevier County and they aren't happy at all with him.

I was explaining to them about the serious lack of respect between Volunteer's basketball program and coach Powers after the Volunteer/Chuckey-Doak freshman game a few years ago.

I would about bet that they refused to show up to play again in the tournament.

How,s it feel volunteer to play against a powerful single A team like Hancock County? What's worse is the attitude toward the Hancock County players from the host team's coach!! Talk about a sore loser!!!!! Hancock is just out there playing the game and playing to win, and Volunteer has a coaching staff that should be good examples for their team, but instead are teaching name calling and slander. Our team was glad to participate in the tournament, but our opinion of the coaching staff of Volunteer went to rock bottom by the time the games were over.

It seems you have the problem. No one has cried about the loss. Volunteer took the loss like a team should. You are the one trying to stir up something. As I saw it, your players were going after our coach. I do not know because I was not able to hear what went on and I doubt you did either. You are probably relying on hearsay. That is dangerous.

I was and have always been impressed with Rocky Nichols but, otherwise, I am not impressed with any part of Hancock County. If you lose you cry foul and if you win you cry foul. Are you people ever satified?

Hancock County is no class A throw in. It was a tournament. Volunteer could have been playing Rutledge, a class AA team. don't speak if you do not know what you are talking about. Hancock County would beat all of your Carter County teams except for Elizabethton and they would give them a good game because Rocky Nichols would make Vince's head swim.

I do not see any reason to give up.

[Edited by CHHS72 on 12-31-02 12:31P]

What are you referencing your statement to? I am an assistant coach of Volunteer and I can tell you that we did not say anything to any player after the game. As a matter of fact, I spoke with a couple of players before and after the game, especially Rocky. Rocky played on my AAU team for 2 years and I even gave him a hug after the game and cheered for him during the dunking contest, after they beat us. So what is this coaching staff you are talking about that was so rude? Please enlighten me on something I didn't see. The staff of Volunteer was on our own players for not showing up to be as physical as Hancock County. We told them before the game it was going to be that way but our players didn't play that night. No one said we got cheated or made a fuss about it. Please get all your facts together before you talk about the "WHOLE STAFF"