Volunteer tournament

KevB1990

My apologies! I was referring to the head coach calling a player, which was standing in back court, a red-necked s.o.b. Not just hear-say, but actual happenings. I'm sure everyone on the Volunteer staff do not feel that way. All schools have students that attend their school simply because that is the location of their home. They do not have a choice. They are all children, in all sizes of bodies. They like sports and participate just for the love of the game. Aren't all kids that way? Why would he let his temper get the best of him? Does he do it to every opponet?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to agree, Hancock is no throw in. I saw some of their early season games and they didn't seem to have it all together, but now they play like a different team. If they keep up what they are doing now, they can play with any team, regardless of the class A, AA, or AAA! Good luck to Coach Johnson and his TRIBE of INDIANS. :):D:)

If the head coach has no hair, that is exactly who I am referring to! I hate it happened no matter who or which team the remarks were directed at, but it DID happen! There was no reason for it to be a fabrication. Never has it happened before to the Indians. I only hope it never happens again; not to ANY opposing team of the Falcons. That is the sort of thing that can really hurt the image of the WHOLE basketball team, or basketball in general!

Bluealltheway,

If you heard Coach Whitt say anything like that you would have had to have been close to the Volunteer bench. I was at the game and no one from Hancock County was sitting that close to the Volunteer bench. In fact I have asked players if anything was said. They say they did not hear anything. I do not believe you heard him say anything. You are listening to somoeone else. As I said before that is dangerous. was at the game and I did not hear Coach say anything such as that. I did see a Hancock County player go toward Coach as if he was angry. I don't know.

Unless you have ultra-sonic ears maybe you need to document you statements a little better. Stokley was on the bench. I believe he was probably in a better position to hear anything that was said than you were.

I do know that I heard insults directed toward me and other Volunteer fans. Go figure. :confused: :confused: :confused: Hancock County won.

[Edited by CHHS72 on 1-2-03 6:46P]

Well I was sitting beside the score bench and yes I did hear the bald man say some very bad things and no thats not hearsay thats earsay by my own two as a matter of fact. I don't know the coach but I would not let him coach anything of mine, because of what he was saying to those kids.

i was at the tournament and participated in it saw most games and enjoyed the excitement there---i also did not see or hear of any wrongs or mis doing name calling ect...if there were a major problem surely someone of my personality would of got wind of it but instead i had to read it on here coaches do and say things that they should not say or do during a heated battle--its part of the game------i myself have done and said things---yes coaches should be roll models and most the time we r but if we get a little off track we r put through the ringer----listen both schools have very players and coaches (teams) that night hancock played better and won so what single a double a triple aaa who cares---just one game that a chinaman in 50 yrs would cARE LESS HOW ABOUT QUIT FINGER POINTING FORGET THE GAME MOVE ON--WITH THE SEASON THE GAME GOOD OR BAD WILL HELP BOTH TEAMS WORRY ABOUT YOUR ALLL OWN TEAMS AND PROBLEMS AND FORGET IT--ITS DISTRICT TIME NOW GOOD LUCK TO BOTH SCHOOLS AND AGAIN THE ONLY NEGAITIVE THING WAS SOME TEAM BEING CHICKEN AND FORFEITING GREAT TOURNAMENT OTHERWISE WHITT AND WHALEN

I spoke with coach at practice today. He said what happened was that after the game a player was saying explicit words to our players while shaking hands. Coach said his remarks were and I quote: "That player is acting like a Red-Neck." Coach said that he advised the head coach from Hancock County and that he said he would take care of that. I know the player that he is referrencing to but I will not give information on who he was. Their coach has all the info and has taken care of it. And that's where it should stay. This board is a great tool for information but sometimes people get on here to give out negative information that can damage a person or player. Please be careful about what we post on here. If you have negative information, go to the person who its about and straighten things out. The bible tells us to go to the person that wronged you and make it right before making a public announcement. Those words are never more needed than in our society. Please take care and post good information that brings up a person, especially high school players. That's what this board is really about!!!! :(