McGavock job is open

sonofshadow

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest cole703

Who was the last person from outside the metro system to be hired as a head football coach? Has this job been advertised with the various national high school coaching associations?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest snotknocker

I heard that Broome might be considered for the Mcgavock job. Why did he leave Stratford this past year? I thought it had something to do with his teaching position. Or was it his certification or something?

Guest Gladiator1

What happens if Aydelott gets the Hunters Lane job? Who then gets the Hillsboro job? Herzog-Current Def Cord? Buddy Brown back to the Burro? New blood? If the Ezell-Harding coach applied for HL, does he or Aydelott have the upper edge? If Armstrong gets the McGavock position, are their going to be any assistants moving around?

I would expect Aydelot to try to get out of Hillsboro since his talent run is over (the freshman team was horrible). The same could be said for Smith at Ezell. However, I have heard Richard Campbell of Stratford as a front runner at HLHS. Would Aydelot want to go to Stratford? I doubt it. I don't see Smith getting any interest at all. Also, Armstrong at McGavock will not cause a turnover of assistants. Spears and Broome are the only assistants with head coaching aspirations. Spears will not get another head job and Broome is going to be Doris' apprentice for three years until he retires.

DrKnows, didn't J.T. Moore (Hillsboro's middle school feeder) just win the City Championship? Doesn't Hillsboro have a new principal? Wouldn't Aydelott's drive-time from his Brentwood home increase by at least a half hour if he went to HL? I believe he was more interested in another job where he recently pulled his name from the short list. Plus, there's the domino effect it would cause in Metro.

Great predictions drknows; that roundup of placements might already be in the works. The only question is did everyone apply for these jobs and if so will an interview even matter considering the way the job selection process works in Metro. Also, I haven't heard anyone mention Maurice Fitzgerald's name in this Melting Pot of jobs. He could very well be a leading candidate for each opening.

Metro madness is about to begin again with the 3 head football job to be filled. Only metro would consider some of these people, a coach that hit a student with a baseball bat and has many physical altercations with other students, a coach that has left the system two times in the past, a coach that got a head coaching job and quit after one season, a coach that demands no teaching duties as a deal breaker; it is almost laugable if it did not hurt the kids that play football. :)

Coachtut, there are no positions in Metro that do not have teaching duties along with them. Pedro took care of that. He might not work very hard in class, but then again the same has been said of another coach you know VERY well. Remember "the world is like a mirror that reflects back what we are." Don't cast stones.