Elizabethton hoops

CoachSH

so Elizabethton has not been good in basketball.

1995- beat Science hill 2 times when they were #3 in the Nation.

1995- won the AAA District

1996- District runner up AAA

2000- District runner up AAA, went to the Sectional turnament

2002- district champs, Region Champs, sub state.

So tell me how we would have lost to Unaka.

oh and by the way you say I do not know the people on the creek but I am from stony creek went to Hunter and my family still lives on the creek.

You need to get you facts straight before you post.

I say agian this is a Elizabethton sight, you cannot find anything good to talk about at Unaka, so you just come on here and say that you want to play Elizabethton.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the fact of the matter is that this talk has been going on for quite some time (just about as long as its been since you guys won a district tournament),- it didn't just start this year because we are down or bored or whatever you're claiming (which is really a stupid argument,- "now that we're not as good we want a piece of you!" think of how ridiculous that as and you'll stop saying it). for years uhs has wanted to play ehs, and in many of those years you were AAA and playing a AA and even A hampton.... oops, there goes that argument.....oh, and i should add that unaka was making a common practice out of beating hampton during those years....oops, there goes the rest of that argument...do you give cloudland this same line of crap when they ask for a football game,- come on......

look, i don't give a rat's rear about how uneven the matchup would be THIS year. year in and year out (at least since the last time you WON a DISTRICT) this would be a great game......

intense rivalries can be a great equalizer. an excellent example of this is your beating science hill in 95.... they did have a better team and went farther down the road to prove (and i do know what i'm talking about. i remember that team with caleb gilmer, patrick norman, etc.). the rest of the stuff you listed as remarkable is solid i suppose, but does not diminish what rivalry can do for a basketball game. if that is not true then ehs would have never beaten science hill.....i pride myself on facts, you think its slander. well i guess the truth can be slanderous, can't it?

and by the way, you may want to edit your last post....ehs did not win district in 2002(unless you were referring to the regular season, in which case you should clarify), hampton did....quite the warm welcome, huh?

[Edited by hablogarbaje on 1-9-03 10:27A]

You Elizabethton people just don't get the picture. It's not about if you win or we win. These kids have grew up with each other all their lives and many are good friends. They have competed against each other in Boys club Sports, Little League Baseball, Pop Warner football and other things. Who would win? I don't know that is why you play the game. You stated you would kill us. Well we beat Hampton last year at Hampton right before they beat you for the district championship. Does that say we would have beat you? I don't know but their is a thing called pride and I will promise you that Unaka would play harder against Elizabethton than anyone. I respect Coach Hardin as a person and a coach, but I can't see why a home and away series cannot be started next season. It's good for the players, and it's good for the community. They play in baseball and the kids love it. They usually play a doubleheader and cookout between games. I've coached half of the kids that play for Betsy. Let's put all things aside and in the words of Michael Buffer, "Lets get ready to Rumble!

ETOWN12, I agree with you. This is crazy. These Unaka fans need to respect the Elizabethton Threads. I do believe Unaka has some good fans. I am just referring to those on this site who visit our threads and are continually attacking the Cyclones. It seems all they want to do is antagonize the Elizabethton fans who are trying to just support their team. You don't see a lot of Elizabethton fans going onto the Unaka threads and attacking their coach or team. Why not put your focus on your support for your team? Why not stop your fussing and quit wasting your energy talking about a matchup that may or may not happen. Right now - both of these teams need to focus on winning their conference. GO CYCLONES!

I was defending you. I am just stating that instead of having to drive to Gate City, Morristown etc. it would be great to drive 15 minutes and play before a packed house at both places. I just enjoy seeing all the kids play. After all, who came to watch you all the the championship game at the Virginia tournament? We sure didn't sit on Central's side.

To all of the coaches and refs in the stands (I have been one too) we all need to read the thread that is on here about SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL TEAMS.

A little razzing is good for the soul sometimes I'll admit but sometimes we find ourselves getting carried away and saying harmful things that we really don't know to be ture, but sure makes for a HOT topic.

Support all your local teams!!!! ;):)

Hablogarbaije, I respect everything you put in your last thread on this forum. I agree that to Unaka it would be a great game and that size or talent does not matter in a game like that just like us and SHHS. The reason I say that Elizabethton would not care about that game is why we got beat by hampton last year. Only the players that come out of the county like myself that play at E-town are the only ones that understand the importance of a game like that.

I am just saying that for Unaka, Hampton, Happy Valley and Cloudland when they play Elizabethton it is the Super Bowl, but our players do not understand and just think it is game agianst a smaller team. E-town gets excitied for SHHS, DB and private schools just like you would get excited for Elizabethton for the same reasons and I respect that but in the same token that does not mean we should play unaka because it is a no win game for us because if we win then people say we should have and if we get beat then that would mean it is a discrace. I also think that people would be very hurtful and mean to my dad if we went back in that gym since everbody on the creek hates us anyway.

Than wou for respecting me and I realy like talking about this or anything else in this manner.

point well taken. i will give it a rest for a while. i would just really love to see the game take place, but i do see your point. i meant no harm. we have not talked prior to this thread, but the brash, sarcastic, very blunt method of posting that i use is partly for fun and largely to provoke thought and debate (i enjoy debate very much). so don't take things too personally and i'll try not to take them too far. i can have serious discussions, too. but like i said i think we've exhausted this one so we'll just agree to disagree and i'll give it a break.....congrats on win over central...