Celina/Pickett Co

Kinda funny.. how Pickett County runs their mouths about getting ripped off with the 3.5.. and then our Lady Dogs end up beating them by that much.. i think it's fair to say it shut a lot of people up. Don't say that game didn't count.. it was a big game for both teams and Celina showed Pickett County that they didn't have to have just 3.5 seconds to win.. they shut them down early. Just wait until they came to our house :D

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Pickett girls didn't come ready the first few

minutes of the game, but they came out

after the first quarter and improved a lot!

The may have not given Celina a close

game this time, but I can assure you in the

future, when it really counts, Pickett will

give Celina MORE than a run for their

money!"

bb1188, ahem...WHAT?!? First off, it was their own fault for not coming out ready, and you try to make it out to be a compliment to Pickett County. Second, it's not like it would have let you win if you did come out ready. Again, it's your / their own fault for not getting ready. Finally, how do you know they're gonna be ready "when it really counts"? Futhermore, what makes you say they'll "give Celina MORE than a run for their money"? With the margin Pickett lost by this game, you're convinced that Pickett will be as good as or better than Celina...elaborate, please.

Your logic simply confuses me.

GO DAWGS!!!

Guest alsoaref

What CelinaCheer said made no sense. What does a ref cheating last year (yes, he bragged about doing it at a Pickett/RBS softball game to a coach) have to do with this year's teams? Pickett let Celina get a huge lead in the first quarter, then played equally with them for 3 quarters. They lost, but this year's play has nothing to do with last year's. And everyone, except from Celina, says they were cheated last year...including that ref!

That wasn't cheating, that was controversial. If it was for you, it would be safe to say you would gladly take the extra 3.5 seconds. Who are we to turn down the 3.5, and who are you to try to decide the calls of the ref? Refs make bad calls, leave it at that.

Another thing: GET OVER IT. My goodness, that was a year ago, with a controversial call by the ref (not cheating, controversial). Then you (as a whole) go around, bragging how you mean business this year against Celina, even though we're undefeated and #1 in the STATE. As soon as we beat you when you're at home by a good margin (17, I'm told), the first excuse is "We weren't ready, but next time you'll get a run for your money, when it really matters!". It's your own fault for not coming prepared, Pickett County. It's your own fault you're choking on your own words, Pickett County. It's your own fault for still being bitter over 3.5 which was a year ago, Pickett County. While I'm at it, it's your own fault for not defending the game-winning shot in the 3.5 game, Pickett County.

^^^^^Oh, how I love the truth.

Also, for anybody who wants to bring luck into this...the more skill you have, the luckier you'll be.

GO DAWGS!!!

They have to bring up 3.5 don't they. If anybody got messed over in that, it was Celina. 1. We called timeout with 5 seconds to go and they put it down to 3.5. 2. As soon as Holly caught the ball timeout was called again. Maybe .2 or .3 should have run off the clock but the said to put the clock to 2.5. Now if things were done right the clock is at around 4.7. 3. On the inbound pass Mel got tackled and there was no call so Dee picked it up and put it in. So all these calls went against Celina at the end and yet we still hear crying about how a shot went in that was shot before the buzzer and was perfectly legal. Then we get to this year and you cry about getting beat again because Celina tore you apart in the 1st quarter. You were definetly ready, you just couldn't handle us. The only reason you stayed pretty even with us the 3 quarters is because we weren't pushing as hard. You got beat last year on luck, but last Tuesday you got beat by the better team. So stop whining and talking about how your gonna kill us next time and "when it matters" because Celina is definetly the better team.

Why is the 3.5 being brought back up? It doesn't matter. It's a year later, and both of these teams seemed to have moved on until now according to these posts. It is not going to change anything.. Celina won; Pickett lost. Both teams should accept it. And no one has said Pickett Co. would have won minus the first quarter. Everyone has bad games.

I agree with Pilot. The only reason this is a repetitive issue is because Pickett can't deal with a loss. Celina has more than moved on, but you talk to anyone from Pickett County and they'll stick their nose up in the air just to say it was a bad call and we never should have won. Well guess what Pickett County.. you had your second chance, you lost, and you'll lose again in our house.. so get over it! There's nothing worse than sore losers.. and you guys have made it loud and clear that's what you are. And please.. get your cheerleaders under control.. they've got way too much mouth for their own good.

It seems to me that the only people still talking about the 3.5 from last year are from Celina. I only recall seeing maybe 1 or 2 posts about it from someone from Pickett County. Who are you guys fussing at? Celina fans are the only ones still griping.

I think the only reason people here are still mentioning 3.5, is the entire idea of it is stupid. Mostly everyone from Celina agrees. Like someone said, Celina won, Pickett lost. It's over, we showed 'em up again, and we will again. It's no big deal. However, I did hear some from Pickett Co. whining, but that's not the point. After the game, I watched their cheerleaders 'mouth off' to put it nicely to Celina's cheerleaders. What do I know? It's none of my business. (Although, I will say Pickett Co.'s cheerleaders do good stunts, so congrats on THAT.) Keep the streak alive Tuesday. Go DOGS!

I'm really glad everyone from Celina is so confident. Pickett has accepted the loss, but apparently Celina can't stand winning by a small margin to them, or they would stop the posts about the 3.5. If anyone should be complaining, it should be the loser of the game, not Celina. Any PC fans on here complaining? Didn't think so.

[Edited by pilot on 1-13-03 7:54P]