Middle Tennessee's Top Scorers...........

gomab2

John Austin is one of the best all-around players i have ever seen play.He is a leader on and off the court.He is very unselfish w/ the ball.He does whatever it takes to help his team win.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John is not only one of the best players ever to go through the halls of Gordonsville, but also one of the best in Middle Tennessee. The only way he can be guarded is to be double teamed and most times that doesn't even stop him, he still gets at least 17-20 points. I was so proud to see his name on your list. Way to go John and Tigers!! ;)

I saw Gordonsville play at Hartsville Monday night. I came away impressed with #33. I only heard him being called John. I assume that it was the John Austin that you are talking about in this thread. As I left I told my buddy that #33 was a real player. He is the type player every coach wants on his team. When there was a loose ball, he usually came up with it. If they needed a rebound, he got it. Same with steals and baskets. In fact, he made a 3 pointer and two free throws to win the game for Gville. I live in Knoxville and just wanted to see some ball because I was in the area on business and was lucky enough to catch this game. The Ford kid from Trousdale Co. is a raw jewell. Tons of potential and very tough from 6' and in.

One of the top scorers in the state has to be Adam Tomlinson from Friendship Christian. I will admit that John Austin is a good player but when these two were matched up Adam finished the game with 37 points, although Gordonsville won the game by 4 I think. Adam is averaging about 25 ppg. This will definately be a matchup to watch come tourney time.