Harriman beats Rockwood

hshoops

Harriman beat Rockwood tonight 46-42 I beleive. It was a great game through out, Harriman led by 11 in the 3rd and Rockwood came back within 2 but never could tie or get the lead. One sad note of the game was Coach Kamikawa and the scorers table. In the 4th he was upset by a call and walked out on the court, almost to half court and when he walked back he hit the Harriman score table knocking it back about half a foot. Good way to show your maturity Coach.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was not there and have no idea what could have been going on and am certainly not suggesting that I condone or condemn any action that I did not see and have no details about, but just remember that coaches are human, too, and have feelings and emotions just like anyone else. I've seen Coach K. and have been on the opposite bench from him over many seasons and have nothing but the highest respect for him and have never seen him get out of line. Regardless of if he has in the past or was tonight, however, just keep in mind that coaches put themselves into the game and intensity can sometimes drive you to do things that you probably wouldn't do in a different set of circumstances. :D

Congrats to Harriman on a big win!

---rSquared

[Edited by rSquared on 1-10-03 9:20P]

Good way to sure his Maturity??? The call was one of the worst in the history of calls. Rockwood guy on the floor going for ball. Harriman guy runs over him kickin him in the ribs as hard as he can and makes the worst acting job in the history of well acting..... and the Rockwood player got the foul, I could go name off other calls that were a off but that was one of the worst. Rockwood played one of there worst games of the season and still could have beat Harriman if the call would have gone the right way.

[Edited by XtremeLoco on 1-10-03 9:21P]

Coach K. is one of the classiest coaches around like RR said coaches are human. I remember the play and I thought it was simply good hustle by two players and I didn't think neither deserved a foul, but it was a judgement call by the official. There were several instances in the final period when players hit the floor or were banged around and those games are hard to officiate. Great win for Harriman and I don't think it's a bad loss for Rockwood. The Tigers haven't played a solid game since they beat Harriman at home and I believe tonight's game will serve as a wakeup call for the Tigers. Don't be surprised, however, if these teams meet for the District 4A title which will also be played at Harriman.

Well, I really don't care what you all say about coach k. what he did was ridiculous. He had no right doing that he should be able to control his temper. I thought it was very disrespectful for the people sitting at the table. I being one of them. I think him being a coach; he should have controlled his temper better then that. I mean it was uncalled for. Yeah there might have been bad calls in the whole game but that was no reason for his actions. I mean it˜s like throwing a chair. It made him look very bad. I didn't appreciate it at all.

why is it that the price of admission was $5 instead of $4 for this game??? makes me wonder...same greed over in kingston...price you pay for crappy officiating..it's been that way at almost every game i have attended, both ways mind you...where do they get these jokers? TSSAA ought to be ashamed...naughty naughty..congratulations to the blue devils..nice 3 pointer billy...Go Tigers!!!!!!!

Coach K probably didn't think his actions over before he hit the scorer's table, but we all do things spontaneously, especially when upset about terrible calls. For all we know, Coach K did it to get the attention of his players. Maybe they needed a wake up call right then and there.

I agree with him that it was a terrible call. That was one of the worst officiated ballgames I have ever seen.

My point in this post is to get off K's back and realize that there were reasons for his behavior, whether you like the actions or not. Get 'em ready for the rest of the season Coach.

Go Tigers

[Edited by RHSBASEBALL99 on 1-11-03 9:57A]

My apologies to the people at the Harriman scorers table. I did not punch the scorers table over any call. I do not even know the call that is being referred to. I was upset over one of our post players dribbling the basketball and getting it stolen in a tight game when possession is so important. My intentions were to get his attention. Officiating did not cost us the ball game and is the least of my worries during a game. Harriman simply outplayed us. If I offended the people at the Harriman scorers table I apologize.

Congrats to the Devils, they played a great game. Rockwood was out of sync on offense for the sixth game in a row. Harriman lives by the three and fortunately for them, they were falling the other night. If Rockwood gets the ball inside to Davis, Dennis, and Bowman next game, they can score all night. Harriman can't defend the post well. I would look at even posting up Gallaher. Getting three quick fouls on Payne (Harriman) is crucial. I'm sure these two teams will meet up in the district tourney again.