Portland's Corey Brewer

eyeonu

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I have been told.....Corey has the flu. Portland does not seem to be same team without him, although Portland still plays very hard. Ferguson was their go to guy against MLK and Greenbrier and ended up with 30 and 24 points. Greenbrier had their chances to beat them, but could not finish in the end. It was a great and exciting game to watch.

Hope Corey gets to feeling better and gets back out on the court soon.

Corey is a tremendous athelete. I watched him play 2 games in the Nera White Tournament in Lafayette which Portland won...and the boy put on a show. But I think he needs to put on a little weight and muscle before he could play college ball. There is still plenty of potential just as he is now. John Ferguson is also a great player. He is one of the better big men that I've seen play from this area.

Posted by gomab2:

I've heard Four schools for Corey..... Tennessee, Memphis, Vandy, and Arkansas.... This is just the word going around, so there could be more, or a school on this list may not be up there, but this is the word around recruiting circles....

I know Georgia Tech knows about him. Met one of their assistants at a tournament in Florida, and when I said we were from TN, he asked me about Brewer.

Not that I could really tell him anything other than "I've heard he's really good, but that's about 4 hours away and I haven't seen him."

This kid is incredible though it's for sure. As I've said before, he just needs to put some weight on and I am sure he will, he still has enough time to before he enters college since he is still just a Junior. Buzz Peterson came to watch him play in Station Camp, or so I heard. You know if he is heard by all those southern teams, he is something special.

Guest bballgurl42

I agree with tnbballman Brewer does need to get bigger and ghe will be stronger for college ball because i know he will get in just bout anywhere.Brewer is an all around baller he knows how to play the game.I play girls basketball and I have watched soo manyy games of his just to see him do all his tricks and dunking and stuff and its awesome after our game i will go watch our boys but i know they have no chance at beating brewer.lol Ferguson is good to he has size and strongness and will do good but I wish the Portland Panthers goodluck in the season Hope to see ya back out there Cory you the man.I feel really short beside you that one night I had you come stand beside me haha