Harpeth High School Lady Indians

AllStar23

What is so "skilled" about falling down? Anybody can do it, though not as much as Shelton, but anyone could do it whenever they want to. And yes, this is a rivalry...but of course I see and understand why you fall down on the floor everytime...but really. Does it have to be everytime? Why risk injuring yourself temporarily and let your team down by doing so. But I guess everybody has their faults about doing certain things...even if the risk is injuring yourself your senior year and maybe sitting out the rest of the season.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I have a couple things to say.

1. Yeah, Harppeth plays a little dirty at times, but who doesn't? You do it to number 13. I'd say your name, but I won't. We see those bows you throw from the stands.

2. Montgomery Central would be nothing without Kelly Shelton. So Harpeth can down them all they want, but, remember you can't stop her with words

I DO NOT understand why players fall down on the floor so much! I hate to see players flopping to get a foul called. In fact, I have heard officials talk about how they despise players who flop, and have noticed refs not calling as much of that stuff. Guess they are wising up. I'm not as concerned about a player getting injured as I am that player has taking herself out of rebounding or the play itself. Sometimes you do get knocked down and get a legitimate foul called, and then on the other side, there are plenty of players (see them a lot) who are trying to get something for nothing. Stay off the floor on flops and the player will find she is even better than she thought...however, for some players, maybe they flop to APPEAR to be better than they are! ;)

falling down on the floor..whatever i don't really care. i just know that harpeth is beginning to start tatum mcknight. she works hard and is a much improved ball handler. if she contributes harpeth will have a shot.

all star23-what shelton does takes skill,its not just falling down,and i guess you havent watched much of us this year,but she really hasnt done it as often.shes awesome,you cant deny that,and the falling gets her noticed,obviously.

Playboy-your absolutly right,you cant stop her just by saying shes a fake,b/c shes not.

TNbball-we havent played them yet,2 more weeks i belive!

Like I said what is so skillful about falling down? And yes...what you do does get noticed. It gets noticed as stupid and uncalled for.

Birdie- you made a good comment about the officials "despising" the players who fall down consistently and purposely. Guess they're just sick of it too...