REGION 3-4A (TOUGHEST REGION IN STATE)

4AFAN

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have a son that presently plays on the Central football team. But I do have several friends and neighbors who do. A disgruntle group of parents/players is like a dormant volcano. They may not have come forward at this time but when the oppprtunity presents itself they will become more vocal. Similar to the dormant volcano we know it is there and it is just a matter of time before it erupts.

This region is only going to get tougher as these new coaches get more stable in their environments. I could see some coaching changes in the near future. With the likes of Shepherd wanting to coach at the next level, and Quarrells being chased by the next level, it could change the entire mix of the region. Helton at Central and Duncan at Powell both have coached close to the 20 year span. Helton will not quit or move until Zack Leaves (3 more years). Duncan might go into Administration. The other three coaches ( Catlett-Clinton, Woods- Carter, Cummings-West) are just getting into the Groove.