8th Grade Wrestlers

RedRaider140

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant wait till the off season this year to see all the young kids wrestle aau. I'm exited to go back down to the challenge cup and see the upcoming wrestlers from TN. I hope this year all the TN teams will do as well as the 4'th and 5'th graders from last year. I have seen a lot of good middle schoolers this year (bateman gatling). I wish more of them would start going to out of state tournaments and see if they can stand up to out of state competition. The tulsa nationals are in a week or the tournament of champions in OHIO.

Guest TNwrestle86

good idea--im from the west so here are a couple to watch--brandon wright from houston is pretty strong and has a great work ethic. he needs to hit the weights before he goes varsity, but he will be placing in a couple of years. he's about 113 or 115. also, hunt from collierville comes from a family of wrestlers. he's about 126 and has great technique. he will fill the hole in collierville's line up next year and help them the the region title.

Well at the sonic invititional the hwt division was won by APollo's Trenton Gibbs, and he pinned through he pinned Still i don't know about Mcclain. Im going to try to get him in copperhead this year so yall might be looking at him for the challenge cup. My brother will be in again this year. He placed fourth last year at 84 and is still at 84, Dylan Quick .The challenge cup was fun for me last year, I lost to a kid from baylor in the finals. He was pretty good does anyone know his name it was the 135 weight class. I heard he won every match in the state to state duals. He only beat me by 3. Im going to watch it this year hopefully my brother will win and Trenton will win heavyweight if he doesn't play basketball. I don't know the other heavywiehgts but they can't hang with trenton. Did anyone see him wrestle at hte sonic invitional he wrestled for apollo and won the HWt divison?

[Edited by bqahs on 1-15-03 10:34P]

He pinned baylors HWt and they put that guy as a heavy weight so that's who i thought they were talking bout.That's my mistake i should of put baylor's heavyweight. Im might of been another school ALl i know is he pinned is way through and Won 3-4 matches.

[Edited by bqahs on 1-16-03 2:23P]

bgahs-------if Dylan is your brother, then you must be Brandon. The last name of the kid you wrestled last year at the state meet for the Challege Cup team was Vaughn. He wrestled for the Mocsters Club out of Chattanooga. His dad was one of the Mocsters coaches. He was a really good, very skilled wrestler-----had not been beaten in FCI matches that spring as I recall. He wrestled for Team Tennessee at the Challenge Cup last March. Don't remembr his overall match record. As I recall, he was an 8th grader so he is probably wrestling freshmen for Baylor this year. I was there on the sidelines for your match and you gave Vaughn all he could handle in losing to him by only 3 points----good, tough match. I know you have moved on to the 9th grade at Antioch. Get that HWT you are talking about out to the Copperheads as soon as the middle school season is over-----and if Dylan is still available get him back out there. He was a good one for the Copperheads too. I'm expecting to see your name a lot in the high school wrestling stats over the next 4 years.

[Edited by BuckLateral on 1-16-03 7:13P]