Clarkrange rips Celina

BuffaloFan

Livingston took it to us at the tournament. I don't speek for everyone. I said earlier in the year. These teams have to play with the refs. You play like they are gonna call it. It seems to be a big part of the game. I don't think the refs took either of those games from us at Livingston, but that's just one guy talking and one guys opinion. Oliver Springs and Livingston just kicked our butts. Now we will see if we can even play with Livingston, we did with Jackson County, so we should be able to. This whole ref thing just needs to be canned. Celina got drilled, live with it. Just proud that our girls got to be the ones to do it. Since when do the Livingston folk jump on the Celina wagon? The first loss of the year is hard, it was for us too, you guys enjoyed our first loss! I thought Celina deserved to be the #1 team in the state, now I think another team comes in and just beats them bad, then they deserve it. Just happens to be Clarkrange, if FRA or Friendship had done it like they did, I would have put them at #1.

[Edited by BuffaloFan on 1-15-03 10:27A]

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Celina has great team, Wright is a great player, Donaldson is a great player, Sims is a great coach, etc. Man, we don't need respect from the likes of you if you don't want to give it. If someone beat me like that, shoot if anyone even plays with this group, like Monterey this season, I have a whole lot of respect for their team, because I know they could beat us and I do not want to see the girls loose. For years, there are a "few" people from Celina who don't respect our players and our programm- that's fine. We'll just keep trying to get it done on the court. Congrats Clarkrange on a stellar win! You dominated the top single A team in the state- that's impressive.

Guest Janssen

This was a big win for Clarkrange. They should win district as long as they come ready to play. They will have a challenge from Monterey at Monterey in a few weeks. Celina just needs to get over it. They got their butts whipped it looks like. They were lucky in some games this year. Their luck ran out last night

This is really funny to see Celina crying about the officials!!! When everyone but Celina agreed that the official at the Celina/Pickett game stole the playoff game last year...(and he admitted it later at the RBS/Pickett softball game) Celina says Pickett cries about the refs and that it was a fair game. Now Celina is upset about the officiating "against" them?! I have seen enough officiating where they do favor one team over another, but Celina fans only think it happens to them and no one else. Celina walked and fouled against Pickett last week over and over with no calls. They seem to want the refs to call games for them but not against them! Great game Clarkrange, congratulations on your win! There is no question you are #1.

Guest southpaw

Seems to me that the only players posting on this thread are Celina players, so stop crying please. Thats all you here from Dawg05 is complain, complain. I was there also last night and plain and simple, Celina didn't step up. Maybe some of your players should learn to drive like Snow and you could have to same success. Ask any ref, what Snow does is not illegal. She hasn't been called for it at away games either, so find some other point to argue. And another thing, you can also tell Buffalo fans from Celina due to correct grammar content on the threads!

Hey Buffalofan. I argued last year that District 4A could compete with 7A, but I haven't said that this year. Harriman is the only team from Region 2 that can compete with Clarkrange or Celina. I was surprised, however, when Sunbright took Celina to the wire in the Coalfield Christmas tourney. Especially considering Oakdale beat Sunbright.

How does this Clarkrange team compare with the teams of the past? I watched them play against OS and it looked like Snow was all they had except for some spot up shooters. I know it's hard to make a judgement after one game, but that squad didn't seem as strong as some of the teams in the past. I've also heard they're a young team.

Just a few words to those of you who think you are wise...

Before you run off with your opinions and claims of who is the best team, the best player(s), the worst officiating,etc. etc., think about what you are saying. I read almost daily the words that are written on this board. Mostly I read to stay informed of the goings-on in 7-A basketball, however I find myself more than fired up about that good ol' tradition that this district has made. What I have read on this thread has really bugged me. I try to refrain from putting my opinion on here, for the fact that I might say something to offend someone, especially a player. But it seems that most of you don't mind talking about girls that you don't know and have probably never played ball against. It is common to use the refs as a security blanket when your team loses. I've done it my self in the past. But I can't recall ever underestimating a player who I hadn't seen play more than 2 or 3 times a year. I have played against both Holly Wright and Michelle Snow, as well as watched them play. They are both good players, and I hope niether of them read this board. Snow especially, due partly to the fact that a Celina fan wrote on this thread that she was basically incapible of playing basketball all together...I think the word Clumsy was mentioned.( although it was misspelled). I guess talking bad about Snow was his/her way of dealing with Celina's 16 point loss.

Competition makes basketball fun. Sounds like Celina fan's were having a real good time beating (mostly)teams that weren't very competitive. My advice to you is to keep on finding excuses that can mend this wound, because I know we would all hate it if you didn't make it to the district tourny'.

[Edited by buffy42 on 1-15-03 3:03P]

The correct word should be HEAR not here. You typed " All you here from Dawg05 is ......". People who live in glass houses shouldn't through stones. Double check for grammatical errors next time if you're going to slam Celina fans for less than perfect grammar. Thank you.

[Edited by Celinafan on 1-15-03 5:49P]

congratulations buffalos fans on the big win last night, the girls played good. 15 point better team don't think so and neither do you.maybe we will get to see in district,if that happens again my hat off to you. NOT trying to take anything away from your win the buffalos deserve that one.

"And another thing, you can also tell Buffalo fans from Celina due to correct grammar content on the threads!"

^^^southpaw, considering you also spelled 'hear' like 'here', it's time for you to quit dissing and shut up if you've got nothing else better to say. Practice what you preach, then come back and try to be somewhat civilized instead of trying to rip on fellow Celina fans. Man...this is how stupid feuds and hatred start on-line.

Ahem, with that said...

Congrats Clarkrange. I don't like saying that, but you earned it. I don't know about the ref situation since I wasn't there, so I'll excuse this from my argument. The same goes for any players having a bad night in this post. All I'll say is that you have beat us once in your court, we have beat you once in our court. Even though you won by the bigger margin, I feel that you don't need to bet on lightning striking twice for your Lady Buffs. Not to take anything away from you though (Snow is good [not as good as everyone makes her out to be, I feel, but nonetheless good], and the two freshmen are really alot better than I expected). We're both awesome teams and top contenders.

Also, you haven't earned being called #1 in 1A. We beat you once, too. We've won more games. MAYBE you will get named #1, who knows? At best, however, you're tied with us, and certainly no more. Again, not trying to take anything away from you, but that's how I see it.

Wow...looking at my grammar and sentence structure, I know what it feels like to be from Clarkrange! Thanks for showing me the light, southpaw! (<--complete sarcasm)

GO DAWGS!!!