Red Bank good or bad?

BMO

A forced workout isn't the way to go either. My sixth grade year through junior year i did my own workouts and didn't need any coach to tell me what to do. I got very strong, much stronger than i ever thought i would be. My senior year coach Daniels came in and started to require us to do a specific workout in a crowded weight room. Not only did i not get stronger, i got weaker. It was awful. There should never be required lifting because then you really get to see who wants to play and who loves their community.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a way, I agree with you, forced workouts aren't necesarrily the way to go. You can force a kid to be in a weight room, but that doesn't mean you can make him put in the hard work once he's in there. It takes a personal effort from everyone on a team to get them to a championship level. On the other hand though, a coach needs to have a strong team. Coach Weathers not requiring his teams to work out makes sense. When I played against Red Bank in 2001, Weathers's last year there, I was surprised because everyone had made Red Bank out to be this big, strong, team of monsters. Granted they almost beat us, but I don't think that anyone who played in that game will argue who was the stronger team: the McCallie team that was required to workout, or the Red Bank team that wasn't...

i like what you guys are calling forced workouts...coach wes green from whitwell has went to strength camps at georgia and tennesse and has taken what they do and made his own...its helped me out alot..because if he didnt tell us what to do, then nobody would know really how and what to lift for the certain areas of the body...

Guest LHREDSKIN

Rblionstub,

I think your attitude is most of the trouble. I coached with Tim Daniels and found him to be one of the best coaches I've every been around. You must understand he is only as good as the players attitude. You sound like a spoiled kid who never had to work for anything. You want to be good but you don't want to put out the effort. Instead of whining about the coach you need to take a hard look at your self. You need to stay off the internet and get to the weightroom. Posting messages is not going to make you better. Off season traing will get you were you want to go. Whining about the coach will get you no where. Remember nothing worth haveing ever came easy. If you will do your part I'm sure that Coach D will do his. When your at home doing your thing he is still working on makeing your team better. Long after your in the bed he is still doing his part to make you better. You should be ashamed of your attitude. And remember Now is the time for you to be a coach. " While you still know it all" Get out of High School get out of college and maybe you can be a Coach. I bet your attitude will change. Good luck with the Lions

Good luck with the Lions

First off this was my senior year so i don't get to play any more football. I waited my whole life for my chance to play football at Red Bank. I was always in the weight room working out. How can that be a problem or a bad attitude? I bought in to Coach Daniels philosophy. I did his workout and like I said it didn't do me any good. That isn't coach Daniels fault and i don't blame him for that. It just wasn't my kind of workout. So i don't know where you get off saying i have a bad attitude. Please explain this.

I have to agree with the Redskin guy. Maybe not on the attitude part, but certainly on what you keep talking about. I know for a fact that Coach Daniels is dedicated to the weight room. I know for a fact that his workouts are good football workouts. As for you getting weaker, you may need to look at the over-all picture. You must also understand the reasoning behind his workouts. Which senario sounds better for Red Bank football: a few dedicated players lift and much very stronger (your way), OR, the entire team lifts in a crowded sweaty weightroom and get somewhat stronger (his way)? Coach Daniels has to lay a foudation for the next several years. And it had to start with your senior year.

I personally didnt intend my messages to imply that lifting weights is not important. I will admit i very rarely agreed with Coach Daniels even though it was not not my place to disagree with him. After getting to know Coach Daniels a little better I have developed a new respect for him. If youve ever met Coach Weathers AND Coach Daniels you would understand why the adjustment was hard for some of the older members of our team this year since they are exact opposites. He has just gotten out booster club to spend over $26,000 on a new weight room. I do not doubt his love of all of his players and I believe that this season our team (including myself) will have a much better attitude about his philosophy and will prosper from it.

I also can testify that Stubs (RBLionStub) is one of the hardest working athletes you'll ever meet. He constantly worked out and worked out hard. If everyone at Red Bank worked that hard we would probably never lose another game.

• 1 month later...