RED BANK VS. SODDY???

BMO

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest marcoesq

that Pala dude is strange. we used to skate over where he lives and he has this german flag on his house. My friends dad said he doesnt know te guy but he knows that flag is used by skinheads a lot and he was really upset about it.

Dont know any details but you gotta admit thats kinda wierd.

I've never met the guy myself, but I do live in the subdivision in question. It's true that he flies a flag on his house that some hate groups use. According to neighbors who have asked about it, he says he is aware of the flags use and that he just likes it because he has an intrest in old flags, or something to that affect. Again, I have never spoken to the guy, but I know people who know him and they characterize him to me as someone who likes to do things to "mess with people."

If this is the case, he definitely has some growing up to do. In the adult world one doesn't get very far by intentionally alienating and offending one's neighbors just "to mess with them." What make his decision even harder to understand is the fact that he is a pubic school teacher. Because they work with children, teachers' public behaviors are scrutinized more than most of us. Thats why a lot of them wouldnt, say, buy beer in a place where they might run into some of their students. The school board frowns upon teachers doing anything contraversial to draw negative attention to themselves or the schools.

So no, I haven't had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Pala, but he hasn't done very much to engratiate himself to me or my neighbors. He could do a lot by simply growing up and removing that stupid Nazi flag though.

Thanks JustWrestle

BHD I hear you and like I said, I don't know the guy, but he's an adult and therefore responsible for his actions. I dont wish any ill towards the guy, but I certainly do not like the fact that his across the street neighbors who are customers of mine, and just wonderful people and who happen to be African American have to see a Nazi flag when they leave for work every day.

I am from Hixson and lived in Nashville for ten years. When my wife and I moved back here we found a great little subdivision where white and black people mixed in together and everybody gets along. Having to see a symbol used by hate groups at least twice a day is an affront to that, and if you know Mr. Pala please ask him why he feels the need to display such a symbol for all of us to see.

Again, I do not know him nor do I claim to know his motivations, but I do question why he seems to feel the need to do something so antagonistic to his neighbors, and when questioned about it he assumes an air of indignation that anyone would even mention it, as if the questioner has offended him in some way.

I guess I just find it next to impossible to believe that a reasonable person in this day & age would not understand why that flag would offend people. So it is difficult for most of us not to interpret his diplaying the flag as him

"getting in our business."

As for myself, I am content to mind my own business for the most part. If someone wanted to make things difficult for his career in Hamilton Co. over this they certainly could, but that will not be me. I intend to let bygones be bygones. But perhaps the most bizarre aspect of the whole situation is the fact that a good guy who does a lot for kids, as you said , would fail to see that he has placed himself under public scrutiny in the name of some sophomoric need to antagonize others.

If he is the kind of person you say,, then that is sad.