goosevol

oneidafan

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not goosevol, but.....I believe that on a given night Onieda and Sunbright could possibly beat Harriman at home. I would have Wartburg because of Coach Davis before everyone and their sister went down due to injury--hope they get back 100% either this year or next depending on which one you're talking about.

Right now I'd have to say that I believe the teams stack up like this:

1. Harriman---could be in Murfreesboro later on

2. Oneida--playing much better as the season goes on

3. Sunbright

4. Wartburg--with most players healthly, watchout

5. Oakdale

6. Coalfield

7. Rockwood

As for 2A, I'd look for OS to win the district even though they lost to Kingston. The Lady Cats barring an upset at LC should finish 9-1 in the district--I just don't see Kingston beating them twice. As for Kingston tying OS, I believe they will slip up along the way but who knows in this district??

1. OS--possible tie 9-1

2. Kingston--possible tie at 9-1 (8-2 or 7-3)

3. LC 7-3 or 6-4

4. Lou 4-6

5. SC 3-7 or 4-6

6. AC 0-10 *very hardluck but young team (could beat Scott)

I'm probably way off base, but it was fun trying to pick how things are going to shake out!! :D

[Edited by TheAnswer9 on 1-21-03 9:59A]

what can you tell me about the cook girl injury. when is she supposed to be back? Oneida has also lost a girl for the rest of the year it looks like. Katie Sexton, a post player, which was playing real well until she got hurt is probably out for the remainder of the year. i also beleive that oneida nad sunbright can play with Harriman if the height advantage is not to great. Oneida played York last nite and the height advantage was huge. York is probably bigger than Harriman and York's big girls are more athletic. i quess we will see when we play. good luck to all the kids in dist. 4-A.

Have you been paying attention, youngster?

Coalfield already beat Sunbright on Sunbright's home court a couple of weeks ago and will play them again tonight at

Coafield.

Plus, Coalfield has beaten Oakdale at Oakdale a couple of weeks ago in the only matchup between these two teams so far.

So what gives? How do you rank Coalfield behind BOTH of these teams?

Coalfield also split with Wartburg, by the way, with each team winning on the road.

I would have to rank the teams like this, based on the season to date:

Harriman

Oneida

(tie) Wartburg

(tie) Coalfield

Sunbright

Oakdale

Rockwood

Have you been swimming in some leftover eggnog or what? :D

---rSquared

Whitney (Freeman) Cook and her mom (sportsmom25) told a coaching friend of mine the other night that Whitney's ACL was torn and that she would be out the rest of the year.

Tough break for Cook and here's hoping that she's back better than ever next season. Geez, Dallas, have you been living right lately? :D Two ACL tears in one season to two top performers. Thing is, he'll probably have the Lady

'Dogs in the thick of the district tourney hunt regardless.

---rSquared

don't know what is wrong with Scott Co. they have some good players in the West and Nelson kids, and Chambers is a pretty good shooter. it just seems every year they have to play single A teams to get wins and then they upset one or two teams in their dist. that they should not beat.can't figure them out, and that goes for Anderson Co. also.

I don't know enough about Oneida to say if they could beat Harriman, but I think Sunbright could get them if everything is clicking. I think Harriman is capable of scoring a lot of points against any team in this district and I think Sunbright, if on, can also put up points. The problem with Sunbright is they are not consistent. As easily as I think they could beat Harriman, I could also see the Lady Devils winning by 30. My gut feeling says Harriman goes 12-0, but they could slip up once along the way. The best thing for District 4A would be that they go 12-0 in the regular season and hope they are overconfident in the tourney.

I think the fans awarded OS the title a little too soon. Each team in 4AA has a lot coming back (except AC) and OS's road is not an easy one although I still see them as the favorite. I'm interested in seeing LC/Kingston play. I think that is for second and third, but Kingston probably needs just a split to claim second because of their win over OS. I believe Scott is fourth because Wesy gives them a goto player. I think Loudon is #5, but I wish Friits could have played or they would be in the hunt for 1. I think the Lady Mavs are 6, but will be back in the future.

I just realized where I put Coalfield. I'm sorry--don't know how I had them 6th. When I saw it I said Oh my Gosh--well you know what really goes there.

Here is how I wrote it down:

1. Harriman--could make it to the 'Buro

2. Oneida

3. Sunbright---play like Dr Jeke and Mr Hyde---as low as 6th

4. Coalfield

5. Wartburg--will be hard to replace both Cook and Blakney

6. Oakdale

7. Rockwood

**Where is this district tournament at this season??

[Edited by TheAnswer9 on 1-21-03 1:23P]

Swamp--Be careful what you say about Scott High. I believe people were saying they stunk in football, too. If I remember correctly they played Kingston one tough ballgame. I watched film of the first Kingston contest and neither team played real well in the 61-47 victory. The same Scott High team you say stinks BEAT LC pretty easily and took Loudon right down to the buzzer, so....I wouldn't count out a Highlander victory over Kingston next Monday night. If West and Nelson get some help and Kingston doesn't come to play, then....