Lipscomb vs NCS 1/25

GoBama

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are lucky they dont really have to play NCS. Lipscomb is overrated and cant hang with NCS. Jay "english bulldog" Skinner will drop 3s all night long and if you key on him we got 3 other sharpshooters (Anderson, Anderson, and Walker) as well as a slasher in Biggs and a solid post in Pace. oh yeah and Coach Anderson teaches pretty good D :). they will hustle their butts off all night long and play great D so i wouldnt expect to outcoach them or score easily. if this game did happen, NCS 61 Lipscomb 52

i dont know how you can expect a team to score 61 on a defense that hasn't given up more than 54 pointsin a game in a total of 12 games. this amounts to a measly 40.9 ppg by the opposing teams. ever heard the phrase live by the 3 die by the 3. you cant knock em down forever. another thing, we have some pretty good players on our team as well. my prediction: DLHS-78 NCS-39

[Edited by abraham on 1-23-03 4:14P]

[Edited by abraham on 1-23-03 4:15P]

NCS has had success this year but it's obvious they are not used to it. I don't know exactly how many games they have won in the past few years but I could probably count them on both hands. Now this year so far they have won more games than they have in the last 5 combined. To start shooting off at the mouth about beating a much superior team as Lipscomb is rediculous. Enjoy winning in class A with the little guys and don't worry about the big boys. I realize that it's been such a long time you guys have won anything and your really pumped but you don't have to go talking out of your heads. Lipscomb has been the King of the Hill for awhile in this area and little ol NCS will never be good enough to climb that hill! Hey here's an idea Baby Steps NCS, first district, second region and then, what well thats probably as far as you will get.

eagletime

Fortunately, the parents of the transfer as you call him saw the light and got him out of that school before it ruined his career. He would have been good there but not gotten the college scholarship he deserves. As I count state championships it would be Lipscomb 1 and NCS none. Unless, you are talking all sports and then it would be 20 team championships to well, zero. Consult www.tssaa.org for the facts.

[Edited by titanman on 1-23-03 9:52P]

I appreciate the enthusiam that both NCSFAN and eagletime have for their team. And, I would like to congratulate both NCS and Lipscomb on their success so far this season. Remember though, there are still games to be played.

Since we don't play each other, we will never know who would win this year. And that's ok. I'd like to see a little more support for each other, rather than trying to put each other down.

As an NCS alumni and parent of a Lipscomb basketball player, I can tell you that we could all benefit from giving a little more encouragement to each other. I am thrilled for NCS, especially my good friends, the Anderson duo (whom I hear are actually brothers according to the Tennessean...haha) and for Mr. Walker. Keep up the good work guys.

"Men's hearts ought not to be set against one another, but set with one another, and all against the evil only."

Thomas Carlyle

Remember who the enemy is!