Who's going to try and stop White Station?

hshoops

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the only team out of the East that has a shot to knock them off is Maryville. With a starting five that goes 6'3"PG-Lee Humphrey 24.2 ppg. 6'6" SG-Andy Tipton 10.3ppg 6'4" SF- Tyler Gaskins- 11.2ppg. 6'4" PF-Jacob Stout 7.2 ppg 6'5" C- Drew Houser- 11 ppg. That is a big starting line up for High School Basketball, and they have four guys that average in double figures, not to mention probably the best player in the state in Lee Humphrey. The kid can flat out shoot the ball from anywhere inside the time line, and that is not an exaggerating. Even with this said I am not sure anyone is gonna knock off White Station this year because I believe they are too strong of a team, but I think Maryville has the best shot.

[Edited by Rebels01 on 1-23-03 5:15P]

From an unbias perspective...White Station might need to watch out for Fairley...Fairley is ranked number 2 in the state in a few polls and they have super sophomores like 6'8 Cromwell who scored over 20 points on MLK Day at the Pyramid. Don't forget about 6'6 power forward Hollywood.

That tandom can cause major problems for a small White Station team.

Maryville is not the best team in the East and since they haven't gone to state, It's hard to say that Maryville will beat them. I think they have a chance since they have a great player in Humphrey...but I think Cleveland or another AAA team that is ranked higher might match up better.

I guess we will just have to see how things pan out, but with a player like Humphrey,if he is hot Maryville can beat anybody. He has been doing it all his career. I remember his Soph. year in the regionals when Maryville was a 4 seed and playing a much favored 1 seed in Oak Ridge, Lee dropped 40 to carry Maryville that game and this years team is MUCH better than that team. I think Maryville is gonna go as far as Lee carries them, but I think you could be right about Cleveland, I saw them play in a Christmas Tournament at Bearden and they were a very talented and well disciplined team. Best of luck to both teams.

You beat me to it Ego,haha. I think you hit it right on the head. White Station has to worry about making out of Memphis first.I think teams like Fairley and East ( and Hamilton....maybe) will have something to say about that. Making at out of their region is flat out HARD.The Spartans can do it but it won't be a walk in the park. In the end, it doesn't matter if you are the best team in the state or not if ya can't make it to the 'Boro....well...as former SNL motivational speaker Matt Foley used to say " That and a nickel will get you a hot cup of jack squat."

[Edited by Pantherbert on 1-24-03 1:14P]

I know it's not a team fron tennessee, but it is a shame that white station can not play East Poinsett County in Arkansas. This school is about a 30 minute drive from white station and is on a roll. With all Juniors this 3A school of Arkansas has managed to only lose 1 game all year. With all juniors, EPC has knocked off every 4A and 5A team they have played. I hear they have a special player by the name of Marcus Monk (6'7 2 gaurd) that is unbelievable. Its a shame these two teams that are so close in distance will never have a chance to play!