Centennial @ Franklin

Izzy

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Izzy sounds like he's a little ticked. It's probally about the end of the game and I can't say anything becuase I wasn't there (being grounded on FHS-CHS night stinks!). Glad I was wrong and that a ton of people showed up. Sounds like my Rebels played a heck of a game. What exactly was called at the end of regulation? The radio guys got me all confused so I don't know. All I know for sure tonight is 61-58, Rebels win!

With a tie game winding down, Konrad Waliszweksi drove into the lane and made a floater and was fouled with no time left on the clock. The ref called a charging foul when the Franklin player was in the air going for a block. The Cougars lost in overtime. I am pretty sure the refs called a charge bc some people were saying they called a foul on the defense, but that would have led to freethrows or if it was before the shot, there woulda been time left on the clock. Either way, you win some and you lose some. I am not a sore loser, and to the Franklin bball team, you guys played with a lot of heart and you are alot better team than ur record shows. Good luck to you the rest of the year!

With a tie game winding down, Konrad Waliszweksi drove into the lane and made a floater and was fouled with no time left on the clock. The ref called a charging foul when the Franklin player was in the air going for a block. The Cougars lost in overtime. I am pretty sure the refs called a charge bc some people were saying they called a foul on the defense, but that would have led to freethrows or if it was before the shot, there woulda been time left on the clock. Either way, you win some and you lose some. I am not a sore loser, and to the Franklin bball team, you guys played with a lot of heart and you are alot better team than ur record shows. Good luck to you the rest of the year!

All american has the facts. One call was a foul on Franklin prior to the shot away from the ball, call 2 was as charge on the Centennial player taking the shot, and call 3 was a foul on the franklin player guading the shooter.

The first foul was called (whistle blown prior to any other call by a split second) away from the ball, and since Centennial was not in the bonus situation, no foul shots awarded.

I do think that with the refs getting together for as long as they did, they shold have put back 0:00:70 on the clock. Centennial inbounded the ball under the franklin basket with about 4.3 seconds left. When the first foul was whistled I think time was left on the clock but it down uner 1 second.

Great game - If ya didn't go because of how franklin has been playing - you should know better. In this rivalry - throw out the records for this night.