who's the best wrestler you ever wrestled

gumbi1031

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though I have only wrestled two years of high school wrestling, i still have wrestled some of the best, and among these are John Edmonds(Science Hill), Nathan Jones(Cleveland), Josh Flint(Ringgold), Micheal Marable(Christian Brothers), Quinn Gibson(Bradley Central),Charlie Wheland(Baylor)..............Out of all these I have to say that Josh Flint was the best, he didn't waste time, went out there and stuck it to me, in :08 sec. might I add, but as far as in the state of Tn goes Nathan Jones and Quinn Gibson were the best, Gibson pinned in 1:20 and jones in 1:39.

Guest russell9653

The best wrestlers that I had a privlege of go going against have to be Casey Brewster(2-state champ).He beat me 2-0 my freshman year at 103. Also, that same year I wrestled Matt McCarty and lost to him 5-4 in an another close bout (2-state champ). Matt Sweeton and I have dualed it out on the mat more than once (3-state champ).All of these wrestlers were great scraplers. :)

Yes, Sweeton did beat Floyd in finals 5-4. Floyd beat Welsh the following year 7-1. Floyd wrestled Sweeton and Welsh about 10 times combined losing just the one match to Sweeton. None of the Floyd wins over those two were closer than 6 points.

I had multiple opportunities to wrestle Jonathan Leddy. Leddy was a 3 time state finalist and a tough competitor. It is rare to see such toughness associated with a technician of his caliber. He was certainly a gem from the wealth of Brentwood Academy greats in the sport of wrestling.

Chubba "Chopping through the hogwash" CHOPS