Lipscomb @ Portland 1/28

GoBama

I was really suprised by the 18 point Lipscomb win the first game. I was not surprised at the win but by the margin. Portland coaches will make adjustments and Portland should be much improved. I also heard they had some sickness last time as well. Lipscomb is on a roll and will be hard to beat, but with Brewer and Ferguson they are more than capable of taking over a game. The big question is how will Portlands guards handle Lipscombs pressure. Lipscomb has as fine a team as they have had since 99/00, state final 4. I predict Lipscomb in a close one, but if anyone can get them,it will be Portland on their home floor.

this is going to be a tough matchup for lipscomb as they travel all the way to portland. its a game that could come down to the final shot or it could end up like last time. as far as i have heard portland wasnt up to 100% health last time they played. who knows what they are capable of. my prediction is that lipscomb will come out on top. as long as the mustangs and the coaster can keep up the hot shooting from the perimeter, they will be just fine.

The bottom line is Lipscomb plays very well TOGETHER. Portland is a five piece fragmented puzzle. Sure, Portland has more natural talent, but it is not utilized to the betterment of the team. Corey Brewer is an unpolished gem. Potential is the word for him. He has in no way reached his. He is not being used to help his team succeed. He is instead put out on the wing where he is not a particlularly good shooter (although he thinks he is). With Ferguson and the other big post, PHS could cause some real match-up problems with someone posting up with a smaller defender. Instead Portland does everyone a favor and puts him on the wing. He may play out there in college, but it is not helping your team succeed now. That is the bottom line. DLHS by 8.

corey is gonna get his points. he shoots more than iverson and kobe combined. if you shoot 40 times in a game you are going to score 20 if you only hit 25% of your shots. he needs to learn his role on their team and be able to distribute the ball among his teamates. what i want to know is why he wants to shoot more than fergeson. he is a great post player and he is taking the ball out of his hands. this is a huge reason they have lost big games.