Elizabethton vs. Cloudland Scrimmage ???

shotgunred

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When these two meet in August, it will flat out draw a croud. From what I hear, Avery's new coaches have got several new guys to come out. I hear they are already running plays and hitting the weights. Cloudland has a few hard working kids but if the rest don't pick it up, Avery will run all over us. I think with the talent and size we have returning,we could have a good shot at the state, but if we don,t have a TEAM effort in the weight room, we could have a very sub par year.

Guest AveryViking

This will generate a lot of interest from both teams. There is nothing like a good close rivalry to get the football blood pumping. We have also heard that Cloudland will be playing Avery this year, possibly just a scrimmage, but the competition will be just as intense as a real game. Yes, there are some new faces in the weight room at Avery and the excitement about the upcoming season is building. Work hard, stay healthy and let the games begin !!!

Guest AveryViking

I know it probably can't be done, but I would like to see more games closer to home. These long bus rides are getting old. It would generate a lot of fan support and result in an increase in dollars at the gate if we could play some of the teams near home even if they are across the

"state line". We need to be playing a Cloudland, Hampton, Avery and maybe Elizabethton jamboree just to stir up the old rivalry. Most of us have family in all of these towns anyway.

cloudland would have lost by 3-4 tds last yr and the previous 5 yrs. be real people. cloudland beat a very, very weak cherokee team last yr by 3-4 tds, and they thought this was a special feat. what? the one thing that has kept the highlanders from winning the state championship is speed. they have never had it and never will. you have to have a little pepper to go with that salt to be well seasoned--catch my drift. ;)

Here we go again. You say we dont have any speed Mark Bird broke the rushing yards record for a quarterback last year. That aside, I have said it before, I will say it again: The private schools have it wrapped up for the championships and we all know why, and it is not worth rehashing over and over again.

AveryVikings, I know what you mean about having families living within a few miles of each other, the state line is only a sign on 19E.

Myself, back to the original thread subject, I have kids on the cloudland team. They have spoken about the idea of Elizabethton and Cloudland squaring off in a scrimmage this fall. It really doesn't matter who would win, but the experience would be worthwhile for both teams.

Any comments?

the only way eliz over the last 3 yrs would beat cloudland would to outscore them by passing.... As far as speed goes yes cloudland matches up well. Ask happy valley. By the way didnt happy valley beat eliz a couple of yrs. ago only to turn around a lose by 50 points to cloudland... Sounds like speed to me....Know what you are talking about friend....