Gibson Co. vs Westview II

thebeave

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest getupview

However I'm not happy with the outcome, I'm not so concerned. It's hard to beat a good team three times. So maybe now when we get into distict torny, we might have something to run with. I don't think we played bad, I just think we need to work on our defense. Any comments? Sure, we can hustle for the ball when it's on our end of the court, but why can't we hustle more when we under thier basket? I think that is something we need to work on. Don't get me wrong, they're are a couple of us that work hard, just not all of us. Props to Cavin. Good game, and keep it up.

getupview- you said it. I have to agree with you on the rebounding issue. I still believe Westview is the most talented team in the district but last night the view was off when it came to foul shots and rebounds- whatever happened to following your shot?

The threes weren't falling the way I had hoped they would. GC outplayed us at the foul line and under the basket.

On a positive note, it was good to see all our seniors on the floor throughout the night. Glad to see Fuqua working so hard under the goal, she's been missed and really glad to see DeSantis on the floor last night.

Westview, I thought, played better than they have in 3 weeks. They still do not defend the post, and cannot rebound. Westview missed numerous shots last nite that they normally knock down. Westview will be fine, and if Bellamy learns to play better defense in the post.....nobody will want to play Westview in a "must win" to move on game. If you would have told me DeSantis was playing; and Reynolds, DeSantis, and Hunter not even score, I would have thought it would be at least a 10 point game.

There are good losses and bad losses; Westview had a good loss last nite, and Westview really needed that game. Chester County game was a bad loss, I went home puking after that one, but I feel better now.

Westview...keep working on the basics, fundamentals, meeting passes, and blocking out; the shots will fall soon, and when they do.....LOOK OUT

Gibson County, Congrats on a hard fought win, I thought ya'll played awfully well, Baird fouls out with probably around 10 points, I would have thought Westview would win in that scenario.

GET UP 'VIEW

Last night was a very impressive game on both ends of the court. I believe that Westview was playing at 80%. Gibson Co. played a strong and tough game. Gibson's fans constantly complained about Bellamy playing rough. She was playing just as hard as GC was and so were the rest of the girls from WV. The refs were complete idiots at certain points during the game.(on both ends of the court.) I believe that all fans would agree to that. Gibson deserved to win last night and I wish them good luck agianst OCCHS.

GET UP 'VIEW

I believe rebounding is becoming a lost art. If Westview's newer post players will realize that scoring does get your name in the papers, but defense and rebounding wins championships, then they could hoist up the Gold Ball in March. If not, they may end up like the RAIDERS!!!