Are Perry County's boys for real

dizzymeup

Dis team wood compete wit da boyz from '97 and it wood be a good game. The only thing tha c/o '97 had was Haston and Rich wood match up wit him well.

Tha biggest advantage for tha c/o '03 would be coaching. Dey gots a grate coach dis year, somthin tha class of '97 didn't have. I think we all be agree'n on dat.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There would be no match up between this years team and the team from 97. Also, Perry Co. does have a good coaching staff down there now and they are doing an awesome job. Perry County does a great job for actually finding good coaches that is why they have such a good basketball tradition down there. The coach that was there during the 1997 year was possibly the best and most dedicated coach that Perry Co. has ever had. They have the State Championship to prove.

Perry County is for real. They are solid at every postion. They can score and they play good defense. I don't think anybody in 12A can beat them, unless they have a terrible shooting night and that's not likely to happen. They are for real and you will probably see them in the state tournament. I don't know if they are the best team in 1A, but they are solid. They have a win over Univ. School of Jackson outside of the district. I think they are legit. We'll see.

First of all, speak English. Second of all, I can name about a half dozen teams from PCHS from the last 20 years that would undoubtedly beat this team. The high-scoring, smothering defensive, fast-break teams of '85 and '86...The inside-out teams of the late '80s and early '90s...and, of course, the Haston-led teams of '96 and '97. As for the State Championship, we can only hope they peak at the right time. Something tells me that if they can't handle an average Lexington and Hickman County team, they're going to have trouble at some point in the post-season. Everyone brings their "A" game when they come up against PC and I'm afraid that they are going to come into the region tourney overlooking someone.

Perry Co. is not an average team. The are not an above average team. They are an excellent basketball team and the have some heart too I think. I've only seen them play once, but they have a certain swagger about them that tough teams bring to the court. Keep an eye on them when tourney time comes around

tnhooper45, I apologize if I offended you regarding the status of Lexington boys basketball. This wasn't the purpose of my comments. It's just that I consider any team that I don't see making it to a region final an average team. Just because I don't feel they will accomplish this doesn't give them the kiss of death. It's just my opinion. Lexington has been beaten and played close by a few teams that were, to be honest, not very good by anyone's standards.

The Perry County boys baseketball team is good.But so is a sertion group of guys over in district 11-A.They go bye the Culleoka Warriors. They are 16-2 right now and are 2-0 in region 6..I guess we'll find out what team is better when and if they play each other in the region.

GO WARRIORS!!!!!