Are Perry County's boys for real

dizzymeup

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It never sems to fail that is there is a "Pery Co." post whether it be on the football baseball golf volleyball board or wherever; there is reference back to the "glory" days. Yes they were a GREAT team but what does all that really matter now? None except for fun memories. As for this year's team I think they have a pretty good team. Seen them play a couple of times but the one thing I see is that they are not too deep. Not set on the #1 ranking in the state either. Thought they might lose to c'wood but came out in the 2nd half and played fairly well and capitalized on c'wood mistakes and missed chances.

Guest tnbasketball101

It is still too early to say if they are for real or not. You have to remember they are playing in the worst district in tennessee. I would like to see them play some competetion before i say they are for real. They do have good players which PC has always had, but as u know that doesn't get it done. I think they are one of the worst coached teams in the state and this will begin to show around region time.

Pantherman, until LC gets past the third round in football and out of the first round of the region in basketball and baseball, don't put anyone down for waxing poetic about the glory days. Lewis county holds its own on these message boards when it comes to blowing its own horn. PC has earned the right, as the dynasty it is, to brag a little. Seems there are more than a couple of posts here about ol' LC and its utter lack of resect given by the other programs and the polling entities. Having said that, I have to agree with you regarding their lofty status in the AP poll. I find it hard to believe that they are the best single A team in the state. Top 10 witout a doubt. Temple will take over the #1 position before the season is over. They are only 2 points behind them in the latest poll. And their lack of depth is one of the key reasons I don't believe they'll win the state (if they make it through the region). The other key reason is lack of experience at a position I am hesitant to POINT out.

The only reason Temple is over Perry County in the rankings is they played more games. Perry County has won 18 and lost 2. Temple is 20 won-2 lost. You can't compare an apple with an orange unless both have the same amount of games played you can not say Temple is the better team unless they have beaten Perry County. Perry County is real and they have a team that has what it takes to win the state. I wish for them to go all the way. GO VIKINGS!!!