AAA schools to watch

sbscout

Feb. 10 is approaching quickly. Softball time again. Will the usual powers dominate again? Can Dickson and Maryville make it back to the big dance? Will Beech be the team from Nashville area? Stanfill is a year older! Soddy Daisy should be the power in Chattanooga again. With All State players Frizzell and Stiles, on the mound again will be Rachael Harris. She carried Soddy her freshman year to the state championship. Injuried most of last year, she is healthy again, and taking some of the load off Frizzell should make them tough to beat. Along with Stiles (.400+) in the outfield, they have another outfielder Lauren Lasley. (left-field) the times I saw them play she covers just as much ground as Stiles. She puts the ball in play also. (.300 avrg) Frizzell and Harris will be throwing to a returning catcher. (Alisha Johnson) and Soddy has 2 freshmen infielders as good as any in the state.

Could be interesting.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think Dickson will have it this year. Although they will have strong veteran Senior leadership in Rine, Felts, Gonzales and Fielder a rebound from the loss of 4 Senior starters last year will be tough. For Dickson to return to the show the team will have to gel, accept their roles and consistently play above and beyond their call. Is it impossiple? To be continued.........

Ok why does everyone forget to mention Lavergne... Im gonna make a predition and then come back and say i told ya so and if im wrong (but dont believe i am)u all can say u told me so. Watch out for the talent coming this way from Lavergne.... They gonna sneak up on ya if u take em for granted. So dont think anyone is untouchable because Lavergne has rebuilt a good team for this yr and they will be the underdogs thats gonna sneak up behind ya and snatch a ballgame right from ya..I wish everyone good luck this yr and I have caught the softball fever ready to play some ball how about u..... ;)

Dickson should do fine in their district. Getting out of the region will be another story. Dickson has been strong for several years, but always seems to struggle against the 9AAA runner up.

One thing they do not want to do, is to play Beech at home! Did Beech lose any home games last year?

Yep, it is too late for the po' mouth from Dickson. Every body knows you this year.

dickson will do fine this year. they have the pitching to take them all the way.they also will be have one of the

the best defenses in the state.their infield should be very strong with felts returning as catcher,rine returning as 1st baseman,gonzales as shortstop.these three girls are all very good atheletes and great senior leaders.newberry is also a returning infielder who will also contribute a lot to dickson.they have had a taste of the state and they are chomping at the bit to go back!! these girls were all a part of the great defense team that won the state and they were all team players. they will be just as good with pitching if not better.the pitching didn't win it alone in the state last year. it took the whole team and the whole team can do it again. GOOD LUCK DICKSON COUNTY!! ALL THE WAY TO STATE AGAIN! DICKSON ROCKS!SHOW EM HOW GOOD YOU ARE PITCHERS,ASHLEY FIELDER,ASHELY MYATT & LACEY MCDONOUHG

Guest Softball007

brentwood high school should be a domanation force this year and they have as good of chance as any to get to state and bring home a title. led by three seniors, one junior and new coach they are not a team to be messed with.

Guest Softball007

brentwood high school should be a domanation force this year and they have as good of chance as any to get to state and bring home a title. led by three seniors, one junior and new coach they are not a team to be messed with.

I agree Soddy will be hard to beat this year with Frizzell and Harris both at the mound. However I disagree with Harris carrying the team her freshman year. Harris and Frizzell both pitched equal innings in the state. The team also had Tiffany Vandergriff at short, Ann Gilliam in left and Amanda Woodwall in center. They all help carry the team to the state not only in the field but also at bat.

The coach kept switching Frizzell and Harris in and out which helped win the state. You have to consider the whole team not just 1 player because she could not have done it by herself.

I agree - I think Soddy Daisy will make an appearance in the State this year if not win it all. The only returning infielder (not including pitcher & cather) will be the shortstop, McDaniel. Who are these two freshmen and will they be able to pick up where last year's seniors left off?