Roane County Championship

goosevol

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Newsflash: Fouls or no fouls, Kingston still had to hit 4-3 pointers in about 40 seconds to get the win. Miss 1 it's a tie, miss 2 it's a loss.

Posted by spectrum:

OMG! ;) Someone from Kingston complaining about the refs? You should be ashamed of (or proud of, as the case may be) the exhibition that the refs put on at Kingston Friday night.

Newsflash: Kingston girls overcome 9 point deficit with 1:46 to go, commit no fouls, win by 3! Film at 11!

[Edited by swamp on 2-3-03 10:13A]

No doubt. You're absolutely correct. Granted they were wonderful shots, but the fact remains that Kingston should never have had that many possessions to take those shots in. Next you'll be telling me about how great they played defense during those forty seconds. Well, it's easy to play tenacious defense when you don't have to worry about having a foul called. It's difficult to get the ball inbounds or up the court when you're getting mugged.

And that technical on Tara Tuck. What a joke. It was just poetic justice that Kingston missed all three of the technical free throws and the two bonus free throws.

From your post, I gather you were at the game and from your profile you're probably a Kingston fan. So we'll just have to agree to disagree. We just saw the game from different perspectives: you saw it as a great comeback and I saw it as a great traversity. It seems to me that the impartiality of referees is a vital ingredient to the integrity of all sports, but I didn't see a lot of it on Friday. However, the game's over and it goes down as a Kingston win, so making a big deal about it is a probably waste of time. A win is a win is a win, right? But I won't congratulate you.

For what it's worth, Coach Lee warned his girls on Thursday that if they did not have at least a 15 point lead going into the last minute they would lose.

So there is some truth to what the earlier poster said about the referees. From what I've seen this year, there are two venues I never expect the visiting team to win a close game in: Oliver Springs and Kingston. If Oliver Springs doesn't win the District Tournament, it will come as a great surprise to me.

As far as the upcoming Oliver Spring-Kingston game is concerned, I think Oliver Springs will avenge their earlier loss and I predict that the Kingston folks will be up in arms about the officiating.

So we could go on ad nauseaum about this, but it's useless.

Peace.

Actually, they did call a foul on Kingston and LC hit 1 of 2 free throws on one of the possessions. There was also a 10-second violation.

Kingston fans probably will be complaining about the officials, they usually do. I won't be one of them.

You wouldn't be congratulating me, I don't play (nor am I a girl).

Posted by spectrum:

No doubt. You're absolutely correct. Granted they were wonderful shots, but the fact remains that Kingston should never have had that many possessions to take those shots in. Next you'll be telling me about how great they played defense during those forty seconds. Well, it's easy to play tenacious defense when you don't have to worry about having a foul called. It's difficult to get the ball inbounds or up the court when you're getting mugged.

And that technical on Tara Tuck. What a joke. It was just poetic justice that Kingston missed all three of the technical free throws and the two bonus free throws.

From your post, I gather you were at the game and from your profile you're probably a Kingston fan. So we'll just have to agree to disagree. We just saw the game from different perspectives: you saw it as a great comeback and I saw it as a great traversity. It seems to me that the impartiality of referees is a vital ingredient to the integrity of all sports, but I didn't see a lot of it on Friday. However, the game's over and it goes down as a Kingston win, so making a big deal about it is a probably waste of time. A win is a win is a win, right? But I won't congratulate you.

For what it's worth, Coach Lee warned his girls on Thursday that if they did not have at least a 15 point lead going into the last minute they would lose.

So there is some truth to what the earlier poster said about the referees. From what I've seen this year, there are two venues I never expect the visiting team to win a close game in: Oliver Springs and Kingston. If Oliver Springs doesn't win the District Tournament, it will come as a great surprise to me.

As far as the upcoming Oliver Spring-Kingston game is concerned, I think Oliver Springs will avenge their earlier loss and I predict that the Kingston folks will be up in arms about the officiating.

So we could go on ad nauseaum about this, but it's useless.

Peace.

spectrum,Are you trying to say know one gets a fair shake at these two gyms? Have you noticed that where ever you go in this district it is basically the same four or five refs? I suppose you think they just call bad or cheat at these two gyms? Did you think Lenoir City got cheated at the first game at OS,thought it was one of the best ballgames Ive seen this year and the refs had nothing to do with the outcome? At Lenoir city did you think the refs were bad? Dont know how you got OS envolved in this but I saw both games against LC and didnt think either games outcome was because of refs? Good luck to LC the rest of the way I think they have some real good players and we really like the LC girls alot. ;)

My bad, I thought it was later than that.

Posted by spectrum:

Well now, ain't that a horse of a different color!

If I'm not mistaken, that foul occurred at 1:46 left in the game. Sorry about that two-minute thing, I should have been more precise. ;)

Anyway, good luck at Oliver Springs.

Who cares about the ref's just bring on the game. The OS girls finaly and I mean finaly had some FUN Friday night and that is what they needed to prepare them for tomorrow night.

*****We Love Our Lady Cats in the Land of OZ*******

We gladly welcome the Lady Jackets to our CAT DEN !!!!!!

Remember ladies 61-37 61-37 61-37 61-37 61-37 61-37 61-37..

[Edited by bballmom on 2-3-03 3:44P]

Actually, I did some research and it was much later than that. Kingston had 5 fouls called in the last 1:40, but the one I was referring to was on Sarah Cupp at 25.9 seconds. LC hit 1 of 2 free throws to make the score 44-41.

Posted by swamp:

My bad, I thought it was later than that.

Posted by spectrum:

Well now, ain't that a horse of a different color!

If I'm not mistaken, that foul occurred at 1:46 left in the game. Sorry about that two-minute thing, I should have been more precise. ;)

Anyway, good luck at Oliver Springs.

Don't it always come down to that? And, if this game is close, it'll be that on this thread on Wednesday.

Posted by goosevol:

Well crap. Try to start hyping the OS-Kingston game and it turns into a debate on officiating between Kingston and Lenoir City. What is this world coming to?

They had fun against Loudon, too, didn't they, with 5 players in double-digit points?

Posted by bballmom:

Who cares about the ref's just bring on the game. The OS girls finaly and I mean finaly had some FUN Friday night and that is what they needed to prepare them for tomorrow night.

*****We Love Our Lady Cats in the Land of OZ*******

We gladly welcome the Lady Jackets to our CAT DEN !!!!!!

Remember ladies 61-37 61-37 61-37 61-37 61-37 61-37 61-37..

[Edited by bballmom on 2-3-03 3:44P]